Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Football follies

Blog 120606


New The Necropolis Chronicles comics almost in hand. USP had to reschedule shipment so I should get the Companion Guidebook in my hands on Friday. In a way that’ll suck because I’ll be sleeping during the day as I work Thursday night from 7pm to Friday 7am. So I expect around 1pm or so the UPS guy to arrive and wake me up.

Finally got some business stuff approved by my local town planning board. Good grief! Between crazy scheduling and lay-off’s and holidays it only took about 5 months. But they all remembered me so that was good. Lots of smiling and a bit of (good) laughter (not laughed at) on all accounts. Did my first TV promo since the meeting was aired on local TV cable access. I think I said the wrong url though. Crap! LOL!

Crazy ass dreams over the last couple of days. I wanted to dream about Jaina and told myself to do so. So in my dream I ripped off a villain from my Minutemen and had to chasing after Jaina in sort of a Mount Doom setting. Even though Seth and Morgan were there to help save Jaina, Jaina had to be the bait to lure out the villain! She’s wasn’t happy. The bad guy showed up and I woke up.

Another dream had me taking a class over railroad tracks. My buddy Dwain was there to. The ‘classroom’ was sort of a open platform with a bunch of seats and a desk for the teacher. It was over a small stretch of railroad where Old Boston Road meets with Boston Road by the recycling center in Wilbraham. I’m pretty sure I was trying to watch trains go by there originally.

I had another dream this morning concerning IMVU the 3-D chat. I’ve pretty much forgotten it having been stirred from the dream by hearing my brother’s alarm clock through the floor. So I woke up at 6:30am this morning after falling asleep shortly before 2am. Ugh. Sometimes having my brother here can suck. LOL!

He mentioned in something like 8 days it’ll be a full year that he’s lived with me. My first year in this house passed back in mid to late October. A lot of changes/things have occurred since I moved in. Lost a job, got a new job, printed up my comic, have a new issue ready to arrive on my doorstep, got a business website, had my computer blow up from downed powerlines and will have my second Christmas away from ‘home’ – my parents place. And I do my own laundry these days. LOL!

Really bummed out over fantasy football. This year has been really weird. I played in three leagues but only cared about 2. I had the computer draft for me because if I had missed work I would have lost well over $200 to play in some free leagues. But here’s the difference maker for me by having the computer draft. I could only get half the guys I wanted. And I hated the guys the computer drafted. I wouldn’t have picked almost any of them. The guys I did keep are the guys that Dwain picked for me. I couldn’t make adjustment on the fly or anything. There’s no way in hell I would’ve drafted Bledsoe or Delhomme for my QB’s. But because the computer drafted, I had no choice. I drafted 10th out of 10 teams because I won the Super Bowl in our league last year. Dwain picked 9th because I beat him in the Super Bowl. Dwain drafted live and is going to play-off’s by finishing second. My team is currently 6-7 and likely to go 6-8 as I face the number one team. Dwain’s going to the play-off’s and can finish no worse than 4th. I’m going to the consolation game and could finish all the way in 8th. It makes a HUGE difference being there for a draft.

Three computer drafts, no play-off’s and quite possibly three losing records. This after winning the Super Bowl the past two years where I drafted live. Yeah, I’m bitter and freely admit it. Next time, I’m taking the money hit.

I expect a big heating bill next time around. It was really warm here this past month and my heating bill jumped by almost $40. I’m talking weather regularly in the 50’s and 60’s throughout October and November. Now the cold has come and my heater goes on a lot. I expect a bill no less than $180. And I keep the temp at 65 degrees. I think I topped out at almost $340 for one month last year. Hopefully I don’t go over that.

Oh yeah, the company’s shutting down for two weeks, maybe three over the Christmas holiday. I’m losing $300+ over it and losing three holiday pays. Merry Christmas. So this charity guy keeps insisting that I give money when I told him. He wasn’t rude, just ‘so how much can I put you down for?’ because I gave them some money before. It’s like ‘ hello?! You’re asking me for money when I’m probably paying out more than I’m taking in!’ for the whole month. Felt like I was getting the guilt trip of ‘it’s the holidays, we need money you scrooge’ deal. I told him to get me next time. Besides, I already gave money this month to a different charity and might do so for another.

Okay, blabbing now. Done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home