Thursday, December 14, 2006

Shitty start to the weekend

Blog 121406


Shitty start to the weekend. About 15 minutes after I got up today I got a call from my dad. He needs a ride. Turns out his ‘cold’ in his eye is a detached retna and he needs surgery fast – as in tomorrow. Thankfully I have the day off so I can bring him. So I expect to be out of the house pretty much all day helping my dad deal with his essentially emergency surgery. Needless to say, I’m not in the best of moods. I’m kind of tired from work still and this new illness has put a fairly big dampner on my spirits. I have no idea if he’ll be home for our Christmas party this coming Saturday.

Got a free ham from work.

Still listening to my Elvis Presley Christmas CD every day.

Getting REAL sick of charities calling. It’s to the point where I get one calling every day I’m home. I figure I get zapped because they hang up on my answering machine. It’s a bit funny that the person will go through the big speal about needy this and that and if I say ‘no’ I barely get a ‘thank you’ and hung up on before I can even say ‘have a good day’ or anything. So I guess I’m suffering from charity backlash. I may switch to just giving money through live events or something. There must be a list or something that’s sold to charities providing numbers to people that do give. I hardly ever got called before but as soon as I gave to one now I get calls from and for everything. Of course, they never care that I’ve loaned my family a bunch of money this month, that my heating bill is jumping by over 50% each month, that I’m getting hit with a shut down costing me a full week’s pay and any of that ilk.

Still have about one third of my Christmas shopping to do. If I’m not careful I could get into trouble. I work this weekend plus attending my mom’s Christmas party on Saturday before work. Tomorrow I expect to be with my dad. So I think I have 4 open/unscheduled days at this time to take of it.

Weird dreams lately. I may rite them down but not really in the mood to do so now. I pretty much just want to go back to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home