Saturday, December 23, 2006

Last few days before Christmas.

Blog 122306


Done with work until Jan 4. We shut down Thursday night although I we didn’t leave until 4:20am. A small crew stayed past 6, maybe all the way until 7am. I can survive a 2 and ½ hour hit to my paycheck.

Today, Sunday and Monday should be busy as all hell. I need to finish up Christmas shopping today. Should be fairly easy stuff to get though. I highly doubt Windows Home edition will be sold out nor the gift certificate my mom ask me to get for her to give to another family member. Then I have to finish wrapping my gifts to people (easy) and then wrap my mom’s gifts to people (maybe not so easy). The good thing is, I’m fairly laid back for a personality so I don’t expect to get all crazy if the stores are packed. If the stores are packed and people are doing stupid stuff like causing problems or bitching in line or something, then I probably will get uppity.

I stopped to pick up a gift certificate that my brother wants to give someone. The lady was nice and all and gave me an envelope for the gift certificate. She gave me one of the small mailing envelopes. So the gift certificate is about twice as long as this envelope! LOL!

A stop at another place to grab another certificate for the same brother to hand out took a small while. That wasn’t all bad because I saw the little brother of my best high school friend there. I haven’t seen my best friend from high school in years, maybe even 5 or more. A lot has changed. I still remember his brother as a little kid. And I probably always will despite the fact that he bought a house years before me and has a couple of kids now with one being 8 years old I think he said. Man, I’m getting old. Glad I don’t feel it.

My dad’s eye still looks like hell. He looks like something out of a horror flick. It’s all puffy and swollen and evil looking.

I bought myself a music CD when I took my parents Christmas shopping last night and I screwed up. It’s a 3 cd set of movie favorites. What I didn’t notice is that the songs are not by the original artists. In fact, when I listened to the music, anything with vocals sound pretty terrible. I’m considering just throwing the set away because I don’t expect to listen to it again. At least I only lost $10 in the deal.

Bought a bunch of pies the other day for Christmas dinner. As I feared, being the end of the sales week, the first store I went to that had ‘buy one get one free’ was wiped out. And still was the next morning I returned. So I pit stopped at the store I normally go to and bought $21 worth of pies. I bought Banana Cream, Chocolate Satin, Apple and Razzleberry. My mom had sounded rather disappointed when I had told her that the original store had been wiped out both days so I’m glad I stopped and bought the pies even though they really weren’t on sale.

The other day I had taken my mom food shopping. I’m almost positive I saw a lady I written about a few blogs earlier. This lady was a small blonde wearing an ivory white coat and had terrific legs. She was also wearing fishnet stockings and stiletto heeled pumps – ugly pumps actually. I’m fairly certain this is the same woman I had seen earlier. I noticed this chubby store clerk lady taking a long look at the lady too. But I think the store clerk was looking at her shoes and stockings because she had kind of a weird look on her face like ‘you’re wearing that?’.

I’m beginning to wonder if this blond in the ivory coat is this bank manager I use to occasionally see in Toys R Us numerous years ago when I worked there. Ivory coat woman is blond and about the same size as bank manager. I’m talking about 8 years ago but if it is the same woman, she hasn’t lost her terrific legs yet.

Got the semi-retarded like guy at the credit union yesterday. That rather sucked since the girl I like was working but didn’t help me this time around. Oh well.

Couldn’t sleep the other day before work and that really pissed me off. I donated about 90 minutes to getting to sleep and I think I slept maybe 15 minutes right at the very end of my slotted time frame. Even then I kept waking up because I kept dreaming (3 times!) that my brother was waking me up. He never woke me up in reality.

I’m rather excited over a new character I created. I’ll be reserving her for use in The Necropolis Chronicles. In a way that sucks because the character wouldn’t show up until an issue in the mid-teens for numbering with what I currently have planned for the series. But I think the character is really cool. I hope that she would be well received. I’ve created a history for her that should make her sympathetic or hated but that should at least give her probably the most depth of any character in the book – even more than Jaina who’s the lead.

I’m kind of missing some of my internet friends because I haven’t seen them on-line lately. But it’s a busy time of year and I’m quite busy to so I guess it’s to be expected.

I had better get going before I’m doing things out of necessity until midnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home