Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve stuff

Blog 122406

Averted a small disaster today. I was thinking that all my Christmas stuff was done when I realized that my father probably didn’t have any gifts for my mom because of his surgery and all that. So I quickly gave him and shout and found this to be the case. So off I went blasting around from store to store grabbing gift cards and a couple of items to unwrap. I think she’ll be happy with the gifts. And my dad won’t have to feel like a lump because of his eye.

In the end, I went over a couple of budgets that I had for people. I’m not all that worried though because I only put two things on my charge card and I should be able to get them off it by February. Everything else was paid in cash so I have little lingering bills from Christmas.

So I still have some wrapping to do as the New Patriots are about to start playing at 1pm. I may have to do some more wrapping at my mom’s by one of my brothers is there helping her out. I was there last night for about two hours wrapping gifts with her.

All in all, not a bad shopping season for me. I only owe some on my credit card although some shopping was last minute. I did do some store to store to store searching looking for a hot gift that never materialized. Got a pretty good dose of Christmas music but I’m not burnt out on it. Left the damn ham in my trunk overnight forgetting it was in there! Did a lot of gift shopping for other people who then give the gifts to someone else.

It is a bit of a sad Christmas in a way. My parents are getting older and needed some helping getting things done. It’s a heavy reminder that I really don’t know how many more Christmases will see my immediate family all intact. That first Christmas where one of my siblings or parents has passed on will be kind of tough. Still, I’m very much enjoying the present.

This is the final week of fantasy football in the leagues I care about. I’m only moderately interested in them. It’s because my parents’ health and all of Christmas has gobbled up my time recently.

Although I’ve come up with some new characters and ideas for comics, I haven’t put pen to paper in any way whatsoever.

I see the usual Christmas bashing on various chat boards I go to. Sometimes I want to tell these people to all fuck off. Is it my fault Christianity is the most popular religion in America? I don’t usually bash other religions but it always seems open warfare and acceptable in America to bash Christianity.

It’s super windy outside and my house gets the occasional falling branch bouncing off the roof. Rather unsettling. Further unsettling considering the trees around my house tower way over my roof – I’m talking what seems like 20 to 30 feet over my roof. I try not to look out the windows in my roof. LOL!

Okay, time to watch football and finish gift wrapping.

I love this time of year. My birthday, Christmas, and the New Year. It’s all one big party!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home