Saturday, December 30, 2006

A Good Day

Blog 123006


Good day on Friday. Started off slowly but got a call from my buddy. We headed out to get chow at Pizzeria Uno. The parking lot was PACKED because it was noontime. I didn’t see my buddy there and went in and asked for a booth. I got the last one. So I’m sitting there thinking ‘oh shit, he has no way to know I’m inside!’ I question about a pay phone and they don’t have one. I had ordered a soda and a smoothie (YUM!) so I was certain they would have a fit if I went to my car to get my Trac-phone to call him. But I was able to use the front desk phone and got him.

Lunch was pretty tasty. I got the Uno burger which comes with a side dish which I made fries. How original. LOL! That burger keep me feeling full for almost 10 hours. I didn’t eat anything else the rest of the day until I snarfed a piece of bread just before bed which was at 1am.

After lunch I used one of my Christmas gifts. It was a gift card from my 18 year old niece. I was only for $10 but it was a really nice gesture since my niece works for probably minimum wage and bought gifts for everyone. I wanted to see Night at the Museum. It looked neat and I love the concept of all the things in a museum coming to life at night. I’m not a big Ben Stiller fan but I ended up really enjoying this movie. My buddy wasn’t to big on seeing the flick but he was laughing quite a bit throughout the movie. I’m sure part of it was because other people were laughing which can be infectious but he was still laughing. Later he said the movie was ‘alright’ with a tone of ‘it was average’. Seemed like he enjoyed it more than just an average movie should be enjoyed.

On the way out of the theater he stepped on the back of my sneaker by accident. My sneaker came off and landed right under my now only socked foot and I nearly tumbled and took a face plant. Thankfully I was able to regain my balance and call his a bastard – in front of two 4 year olds. Nice. Oh well.

After a quick check of some mall stores for possible future purchases it was off to the comic store to hook up with Angry Black Man for some Heroclix. I hadn’t played in a long time – maybe a month – so I was fairly up for this. I get really down on Heroclix because they change the rules so often everyone has a different idea of how to play and it causes conflict and tension. Those are not endearing elements to making a fun game. The Oompalooma made it 800 points and no cards of any kind. I ended up making a team of 18 people. LOL! That’s a HUGE team. Everyone else had maybe 8 guys or even less. I beat the Angry Black Man and my buddy in consecutive games to win the minor prize which I immediately traded away. Both guys had made very similar teams in that they each used two Superman figures. Dwain I beat on points and Angry Black Man I thumped soundly. It was good to know that although I generally lose on a consistent basis for the most part these days that it is due to the fact that I do not invest much in the game anymore. When playing normally I do not have many cards which make a huge difference to the game. I’m usually competitive but usually lose because I do not have the cards that the other guys have.

There were four of us playing and we then decided to do a team even. I was randomly paired with the Angry Black Man and we thumped our two friends fairly badly. Then it was off to home for some decent sleep.

Today I should be heading out to play Magic at my buddy’s unless he cancelled. I’ll find out after writing and posting this.

Had a slight blast for the past as my buddy from Trinidad called to say he was around. He told me to give him a call but I don’t have his cellphone number. So it seems I’ve missed him which sucks. I’m going to guess he didn’t catch my e-mail about needing his cellphone number because he never called back.

Done for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home