Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Loss of a friend?

Blog 011707


Work this past weekend was decent. I think I pissed off a good friend though. He had crappy molds in the wee hours of the morning. I would turn around and help put his golf balls into the autodegator. After several times of doing this I said, “you fucker, that’s the last time I’m doing this,” in what I thought was a sarcastic voice telling him I was joking. Well, I think it came out sounding really serious. He just looked at me like ‘jump off a cliff and die’. So I responded with what I thought was another teasing line ‘don’t give me your wrestling stare’ – because we had talked earlier about how he was at a pro wrestling school. He just turned away and went back to work. We didn’t speak the rest of the night. He’s a quiet guy so I wasn’t totally sure if he was mad but I sensed it. At the end of the night I said to him something to the effect of ‘we did well tonight’ meaning production and clean-up. He just stared at me like why was I even talking to him. It’s possible he was mad at something else because he spends a lot of time on his Blackberry like device instant messenging. But I think what I said and the way it came out pissed him off.

Strangely enough, the same night I had to work with my nemesis. This is the guy that I got into a pretty serious and foul mouthed argument with where we really laid into each other on the insults. He was behind me in the rotation so I went about my business trying to do what I usually do which is make sure the next guy isn’t screwed over by what I did. We spoke once or twice and it was polite and he even thanked me for something. It was small whatever I did but I was stunned the whole night. Looks like for now I’ll have to remove him from my hate list. Seems ever since that blow up things have at least been respectful towards one another. I can live with that. It’s better than expecting a fight every time we meet.

I’m most likely stealing an incident from my friend. She was training on a new job where you get a chance to sit and wait during production for like ten minutes at a time. Apparently she was leaning against the wall while sitting in a chair. I guess this big nasty cockroach crawled onto her head and down her shoulder before she finally noticed it. Reports had this cockroach as long as a grown man’s thumb! I’ve seen the occasional cockroach at work and they do seem to be quite big. Well, Miss co-worker was pretty freaked out the rest of the night not that I blame her. I didn’t help matters much about 30 minutes after the incident. When we mold the golf balls they have extra material on them called flash. I took some of this and tried hitting her trainer with it trying to make him think it was a cockroach. I missed twice and then Miss co-worker returned. I was able to hit her on the back of the arm from a distance of about 15 to 20. She jumped like 2 feet in the air. Despite my long distance apology I was almost crying I was laughing so hard. The poor girl took a lot of teasing the rest of the night. LOL!

I was looking for a way to make Jaina’s room at the academy in the comic kind of grungy and rundown. I may alter the cockroach story to help display this. I’m thinking Jaina is asleep and brushes something off her hair. She wakes to find a giant cockroach on her hand! She freaks and sleeps in the hall the rest of the night. She then has to spend what little money she has on bug killer because she doesn’t trust the janitors to help her out at the academy.

I got more inking done yesterday on some of the pages I recently penciled. They look pretty good I think. I will be redrawing one panel on a page though. The page looks a little too similar from panel to panel and a change of vantage point should solve the problem.

The Rick Olney stuff from the previous blog continues. Looks like he folded his Tight Lip Entertainment company. Apparently some people have been serving him with court papers after he continuously threatens to sue others. On Jan 11th he and his wife dissolved the company. LOL! For those suing him, it seems they can still go after him. Someone brought it up on the ‘Thread’ about wondering if his wife knew anything about all these legal issues. It was thought that there was a good chance Olney keep his wife in the dark about everything. She knows it now whatever she knew or may have thought she knew earlier. LOL!

Watched the Richard Donner version of Superman II last night. I love both versions. The movies were a lot of fun ever since I first saw them as a kid. I’m not sure where I first saw Superman II but I think it was in a movie theater. I know I loved it. That would have been 1978 or 1979. Ursa made a lasting impression on me when I was a little kid.

Haven’t seen my unemployment check from the week of Christmas yet. I may have to call to see what’s up. I have funding for all my bills but the missing check has cut into the paycheck that I use for whatever I want instead of bills.

I’m actually looking forward to taxes this year. Everyone keeps on telling me that I should get a decent refund because of the interest I pay on my mortgage. I’m not sure how this works but I’m all for a bigger tax refund. Hopefully I won’t be disappointed. In any event, if I get anything back (anything over say $200) I’m planning on putting half towards comic production and half towards extra money on my mortgage principal. We’ll see.

The report for Sequential Tart sent me a new question for my interview for The Necropolis Chronicles. I’ve responded with the extra info she requested. Not sure when it’ll get posted but I’ll be looking forward to it.

Over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home