Tuesday, February 20, 2007

So much for President's Day

Blog 022007

So much for President’s Day. I had it off from work but you wouldn’t have known it. I had all sorts of plans to do different things. I got up around 8:15am and shaved. I then got a phone call just as I finished shaving. My brother needed my help at his job. His boss is on a cruise and he needs my help lifting stuff. The sooner the better. Crap. I showered, ate a small breakfast called the answering service to tell my brother I was ready. I called my parents for my sister’s phone number. My niece and nephew need jobs and there was potential scab work to be had. Scab work as in strike busters. Not the best work to be had but I know my nephew is getting desperate. Called my sister and my brother arrived. Oy. Quickly finished the phone call, brushed my teeth and headed out.

We moved a hot water heater out of someone’s basement and he drove me to the parents to get his cell phone. He needed my later in the to put the new replacement hot water heater into the cellar. Also, it turns out that my dad had a huge fit and started a huge fight with my brother over not being asked to help with the hot water heater. I’m going to guess it was because my brother paid me. But my brother didn’t want my dad’s help because my dad is in his 70’s. Not exactly a first pick for potential strenuous activity. So I guess my brother and him really got into it until my mom told my dad to stop and then he got really mad at her. All of this because he wasn’t asked to help. Sheesh. So the tension at the parentals was pretty high. My father pretended to be asleep when we stopped in to get my brother’s cell phone.

The first thing I had planned to do on Monday was get a haircut. I need one. But instead of getting there early as I had planned – around 10am, I got there around 11:30 I think after helping my brother. As I walked towards the place I could see 3 or 4 or maybe even more little kids running around in the place I go. I immediately got back in my car and gave up the idea of getting a haircut that day.

I then went to a Petco in the same plaza. Um,…Petco doesn’t care shit for pets. Birds and fish, that’s it. And ferrets. I want a kitten. So I left rather confused that Petco carries crap for animals. I went to another place about 15 minutes away. It was closed for the holiday. Goddamn it.

From there I went to a big shopping mall about 20 minutes away using highways. Both A.C. Moore and Michael’s art supply stores had 50% off one item coupons. The Holyoke Mall also has a pet store. That pet store only had dogs. WTF?!?!? Doesn’t anyone have cats?! There was nothing even in the local paper’s classified ads that fit my budget. All specialty breeds started at $350.00 and quickly went up. I’m only aiming for a normal cat these days.

At A.C. Moore’s I bought some acrylic paints. It’s a small set of primary colors for painting that normally goes for $18. I also bought a small pack of canvas boards.

I hopped over to Michael’s which was about another 15 minutes because traffic was heavy. I bought a new inking pen there getting it for $13 at half off. The plan is to keep the pen unopened in case my mom needs a cheap birthday gift for my niece in April. While cashing out my brother called but the cashier was so slow I missed the call because I was in the middle of paying for my pen. The cashier was nice but I swear it took 4 minutes to ring out my one item. I wasn’t in a hurry but it was a bit annoying.

I went home and soon after had to drive over to help out my brother again. After that I drove to my parents for dinner. After dinner I drove over to a place with the same brother who needed to drop of his car for repairs. After driving him back to my parents – about 20+ minutes both ways and then another 15 minutes to get home, I finally arrived home for 6:30pm.

Once home I watched The Devil Wears Prada which was pretty good. I’m an Anne Hathaway fan and she looked quite nice the whole movie. I then popped in the Royal Rumble match I got from my buddy.

I think I chewed up about a ¼ tank of gas where a full tank lasts me about 9 days of normal driving.

Today, Tuesday, I stayed in for the most part venturing out only for some quick grocery shopping, a money deposit into my checking account and returning the video. But it was quite busy out there. I was in line behind 5 people at Blockbuster on a Tuesday afternoon about 12:30pm. The thing that kind of stunk there was that I haven’t rented movie in like 8 years. Seriously. I thought I could just drop it off but wasn’t sure. So I sat in line for 5 or 6 minutes just to ask what to do with the movie.

Lunch was a box of Stove Top Stuffing. LOL!

I was able to finish rendering and ink most of another page of the comic. Once I finish inking the main panel which is the only panel left to do, I’ll have 12 pages penciled and inked for issue 3. I also have another page half penciled and inked but I want to change two panels because of redundancy in the images. If I don’t, it’ll be a blah page.

Back to work tonight so that means sleeping from 6pm to 9-something pm. A check of some e-mail maybe and heading out to work. So today’s been a productive day because I also did some wash and paid some bills while Monday I didn’t get hardly anything done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home