Sunday, February 18, 2007

The weekend

Blog 021807


Ahhhhhhh,…Sunday. Nice and relaxing. Sort of.

Work’s been better lately and more tolerable. Still, I bid on another company job although I don’t expect to get it.

Saturday was loooong. I got out of work at 7am, played some Call of Duty 2 (I still love that game) on-line for a couple of hours. I tried to take a 90 minute nap but I think it was only an hour or so. I showered and raced to the bank to cash my check just making it before closing. Then I was off to the comic book store to hang with friends. Did that until 8pm and went home. I played Call of Duty 2 again because I was worn out but didn’t want to go to sleep at 8pm on a Saturday. Read two comics until 10pm and went to bed. I woke today with a headache. I was also disappointed that I only slept 7 hours, maybe 8. I was hoping to sleep for 9 to 10 hours. I feel okay now but I’ll probably crash and burn in the afternoon needing a nap. So I was up for about 24 hours with a hour nap tossed in. I was speaking dyslexic all day and both spazzy and kind of in my own world too. Makes for an interesting day.

My old nemesis returned to the comic shop this weekend. I kicked his ass in Heroclix. He didn’t seem very happy about it. He had a couple of asinine remarks but at other times seemed fairly normal. I would say it was one of our more corrigible days to each other. My buddy kicked my ass though in the next game.

I was thinking about seeing The Messengers today and have money budgeted for it but the movie doesn’t start for a couple of hours. I may get into something else and decide not to go. I do have Monday off as a holiday though so I may go then since nobody else really has the day off as far as I know.

I got a letter from AOL saying they couldn’t process my bill. Although I was expecting having changed credit card numbers, I wasn’t expecting it for the account they were talking about. It seems the credit card bandits were trying to use my defunct credit card number to purchase the $25 a month plan. Those thieving bastards. I quickly called AOL and my credit card to let them know what exactly was going on.

My paycheck wasn’t as bad as I feared it would be. This was the check where the company took out the over payment from last week. Still, I could use more money. I will be behind this month and my savings account will take a hit. I haven’t put money in my saving account probably for years. My friends like to say I’m cheap and have all this money in the bank but once it’s gone, it doesn’t get replaced. Of course, I could always stop saving money towards my retirement and my nephew’s college fund if I really wanted to get more money but that doesn’t seem smart. Luckily, most of my hobbies tend to be cheap after an initial set up cost. I think cable internet at $50 a month is my most expensive hobby. Yeah, internet is a hobby. I play games on-line and read several comic book forums. I also use it to communicate and do research on comic book publishing.

I can’t really think of anything else at this time so I guess I’m done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home