Friday, February 09, 2007

The new job continues to suck

Blog 020807

Yup, the job sucks. I no longer look forward to going to work and on two different days I’ve become so frustrated with the machine I work with I visibly shake. I can do the work but I don’t have the experience yet to problem solve many things on the machine. I try to work it out myself for awhile before asking for help. Unfortunately, this also led to the fits of shaking as my blood pressure must be going through the roof. I feel overly worn out today like I’m ready to collapse.

Can’t recall how much of this I stated before but another round of lay-off’s at work take effect this coming Monday. I would LOVE to be bumped from my spot and forced to choose a new job somewhere else in the plant. As it stands now I have to bid on everything. Because my seniority is pretty low in the company I’ve lost every bid so far. Anyways, the rumor that my old room was going to 8 hour shifts from 12’s has proven true. The rumor was only a week old before it was officially announced and put into effect. Either tonight or Saturday morning the 17 people losing their jobs can either take the lay-off or bump people just like I had the option of doing. If I knew how bad I disliked stamping I really think I would have gone with the lay-off.

The company did way over pay me. They had me working 80 hours. The payroll people hadn’t removed me from my old room or something. So my check was double what it should have been. They would have caught it so I just told them about that day. As expected the extra money in this check will be paid back from my coming check. So that coming check will likely be $150.00 or less. Oy!

Tried this on-line thing called Second Life. Secondlife.com I believe. It’s essentially the popular game The Sims. I doubt I’ll spend much time on it as the Sims is a neat game but gets boring easily. I need violence in my games or strategy and neither the Sims or Second Life has it. Second Life is just that – a second life only on the internet. I have no real interest in having that. So Second Life will die a quick death after another log in or two.

Okay, I’ve been fairly miserable all morning because of my job so I’m heading off to bed. Only one more work day and the weekend is here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home