Thursday, June 05, 2008

I work with a complete idiot

Blog 060508

God, I really do work with a complete idiot.

Ship’s Fool was on fire last night.

So 6 people from our area had to attend a meeting for continual improvement of the plant. One of them was my supervisor. And the ink maker. And the back up inker maker. The supervisor told the stampers that use the ink to apply the logo to the golf ball to make their own. This I didn’t know. Two stampers didn’t mention it to me when I finally decided that someone had to make the ink so that the stampers could do their job. So I ended up doing both my job and the ink making job. Another co-worker, Leo, was tremendous help in doing his own job and helping me with the ink job.

Enter Ship’s Fool. For those that don’t know, there are 12 stamping machines that need golf balls supplied to them. Ship’s Fool and I split the table in prepping the orders for the stampers. Actually, stamp machine 7 is seldom used and it’s on her side so I usually have more machines to provide for. So second shift has been doing a terrific job loading the supply table to the point that often Ship’s Fool and I don’t have to work for like the first 20 minutes of the shift, sometimes longer. Ship’s Fool sits in the break room and eats her grinder. I don’t even see her come to the supply table for 20 minutes and she didn’t have to lift a finger for around the first 25 minutes of the eight hour shift. I don’t know if she had some sort of issue she was bringing into work but she was all bitchy throughout the night whenever she had to work.

For two hours I do my job and the ink making job. She doesn’t lift a fucking finger to help me or Leo. Instead, she calls for my help on two different orders complaining second shift screwed her. Leo and I just shake our heads in disbelief. She also informs me that as I’m loading my side of the table that one of her stampers needs ink. Again, no offer to help me with my machines just to do more work. And when I was busy making ink and she’s calling to me from behind the supply table I had to tell her I was busy and she would have to wait. It was seriously like talking to an 8 year old that wasn’t getting enough attention.

The rest of the crew arrives back from the meeting and Ship’s Fool starts whining about how tired she is. Well, maybe if she didn’t drink soda all night and would lose some weight she would have better health and have better physical endurance.

So the other night she couldn’t pull down some skids of golf balls with the forktruck because she was too upset about some mammogram meeting. Tonight she was crying because she was over-whelmed by her workload. This is a fucking 46 year old woman who’s right there to file a grievance for free pay anytime she can. And after 5 months on the job she’s too fucking stupid to read a series of three digit numbers to determine how many inks, a maximum total of five at best, is needed for a job. Good fucking grief.

So later she tells me not to tell anybody that she was crying in the back about her job. Whatever. So she tells Leo the same fucking thing even though he wasn’t there in the first place.

So she’s bitching and moaning all fucking night long even though I’m literally doing about twice what she does because I clean the joint up and zap balls which means I’m leaving my area for 20 minutes and reloading balls to be zapped. And I’m getting really fucking sick of her moaning. Finally, with 30 minutes left in the shift she moans again and I tell her she should disqualify herself from the job – meaning lay-off – because she hates the job. She goes on this big speel about how we are suppose to rotate jobs like that’s the cure all. She’s said this before too. And once again she shows her complete and totally jealousy of another co-worker nicknamed Pee Wee sighting that Pee Wee never rotates. She doesn’t mention Leo or Pedro at all, just Pee Wee. She doesn’t mention wanting Pedro’s job or Leo’s, just Pee Wee’s. And she starts lambasting Pee Wee like she’s done three or four times previously. One of her arguments was literally (because I couldn’t believe my ears) ‘she can go grocery shopping after work where I have to go home and shower first’. You’re kidd’ni me. That’s an argument? So we get into this argument about rotating since the shifts don’t do it either and she pulls her usual ‘that’s wrong, that’s wrong’ as if I’m a liar. She’s pulled this same shit on me before where I proved things just to be told ‘you’re wrong, that’s not right’. So she gets all huffy and even more pissed off and doesn’t talk to me the rest of the night (GOOD!) because I didn’t support her. She starts bitching to anyone that will listen to her and take her side. What a surprise.

On top of being a total idiot she’s a HUGE hypocrite. The one night she got to work Pee Wee’s job she sat down and read the paper and ate through out the night at Pee Wee’s station. And that’s what she wants to do every night. What a piece of work. It’s no surprise that there are only two people that she hangs around with on our shift. One is this mammoth girl larger than the Ship’s Fool and another is a really high strung girl who’ll snap without a moment’s notice. This I know because she snapped on me and ranted and raved on me because we disagreed on a subject matter concerning her friend.

I have to work this Saturday since my area is behind and it’s a blessing that Ship’s Fool has taken a vacation day to skip it. BTW, this is the same Ship’s Fool that has had sudden medical problems for two or three days on holiday weekends where there was every indication that we would have to work that Saturday shortening our three day weekend to two days. And thereby missing the postings of mandatory OT she didn’t call Saturday and then file a grievance with the union and got paid. Then I caught her bragging to her mammoth friend about ‘Sheila don’t play that’ meaning she had such a backbone about fighting the company.

I still have no idea if I’ll lose my employment once the lay-off’s hit. The rumors are now 50 to 80 people. 50 people I might survive. 80 I won’t. And these are permanent job loss too. I do laugh at the Ship’s Fool about this. I yank her chain when I can about her getting some asshole because it’s the truth. A lot of these long time employees are all about collecting a check and retiring with as little work as possible. And a lot of these long time employees have problems with one another so she may get a real doozie. And it’ll serve her right since that’s what she deserves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home