Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ranting, depression, and cool stuff

Blog 042908


Well, I’ve done it now. I booked my flight for Dragon Con. $560 round trip including some sort of $30 insurance by a third party that should cover extra expenses for delays over 6 hours. Delays include bad weather. I have no idea what that weather will be like so why not.

The weekend was okay. We had to work Saturday as mandatory and then I snuck down to Dual Core and grabbed 4 hours of double time for Sunday morning. I guess that’s the last Sunday as a new bank will open this week negating a need for Sunday over-time. This rather sucks as I’ve talked myself in buying an Xbox 360 and Rock Band. That’ll cost around $500 and I’ll want to go on-line which will be another $50. Most of my next check should be mine but that will only cover half the amount. Over-time will help if I can get it.

I’ve been depressed the past few days. I think it was mainly the rain. I was fuming over all sorts of things. The brother that lives with me now makes more money than I do so I was getting pissed thinking about it because I don’t expect him to move out any time soon. He’s only been making the new money for a couple of weeks and needs time to build some up. Although twice he’s had to borrow money from me which is really poor form on his part especially so when he rents a movie and then asks to borrow money for gas. To make matters worst, it was right after he heard me tell the truth to a friend over the phone that I was totally broke and was able to buy my raspberry bushes only because I had change I could roll and exchange for paper money. So he took MY gas money and spent only half of it on gas. He didn’t offer the rest back and I suspect he bought cigarettes with it. I got the money back the next day but it was still irritating because I believe he brings home more than $60 a week more than me. Where it goes I have no idea and knowing would probably only get me mad.

The ship’s fool at work REALLY pissed me off tonight. That fat fuck didn’t work this past Saturday. She claimed she was never called for over-time. A junior came in so ship’s fool went and filed a grievance with the union. Now ship’s fool is going to get paid for 12 hours. Saturday was mandatory. Ship’s fool called out Thursday when the mandate was posted and had a vacation day scheduled for Friday. Again she claims she was never called but I think that that was an outright lie on her part. And now she’s going to get paid. A bunch of us had gotten calls to go in early and a couple did. She’s the senior and she’s saying she never got called. Here’s the real kicker though: she would have turned it down! She’s a lazy fuck that has told the supervisor not to bother calling her for over-time much less a 12 hour day. But because she sniffed ‘free money’ she filed a grievance and won pay for 12 hours. I wanted to spit in her fucking face. What a piece of shit. She made sure to put on this big dramatic song and dance in front of me about not being called and it smelled like an act from the first second. And she’s the same fat fuck that nearly blows a gasket if she has to do any work more than necessary. AND she gets REALLY pissed if she thinks people are getting away with easier jobs than her. She outright hates a co-worker because she believes co-worker’s job is easier. Ship’s Fool went so far as to verbally accuse co-worker of flaunting her ‘easy ass job’ in Fool’s face when co-worker was doing legitimate work even if it was only reading orders.

I was so pissed at Ship’s Fool winning free money that I went into a rant about the union. I used some other real cases that happened recently about how the union saves the asses of shit workers that don’t do a damn thing but I’m fairly certain that Fool is too stupid to know I was really ranting about her.

Clean your room, kiddies! I didn’t and it cost me $10. My bedroom is packed because of severely limited space in the house. I still have unpacked boxes under my kitchen table from when I moved in over two years ago because my brother moved into the loft where I originally had them. So in my bedroom is a drawing table, a bed, a dresser, a bookcase, tons of clothes that don’t fit in my dresser, and two hampers one filled with dirty clothes the other clean clothes. While trying to do some minor organization looking for a notebook I discover a hard cover edition of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix or whatever book five is called. I had just bought the same book in soft cover because I didn’t know I had the other in my room. Since my niece and nephew are in their 20’s they won’t be wanting their Potter books back so I now have two copies of book 5. Ugh.

I thought I had the cover to issue three finished but I’ve found an error on it. Goddamn it. But better to find it now than after printing it. I’m fairly certain the inside back cover is done though. I just finished that last night. So if the tweak to the front cover is quick I’ll only have the inside front cover and the back cover to go. Unfortunately I let myself get easily distracted from it and have trouble finishing the freaking book.

Tonight at work it was slow and I sketched out some panels for a potential web comic. This would feature my long time super-heroes. To keep it simply I’d be drawing three or four panels per entry since I wouldn’t be doing it daily. Pretty much it would look like something you’d find on the comics page of a newspaper. We’ll see what happens.

I may have had a precognitive dream come true. Occasionally, I try to program myself to ‘see the future’. Last night I was looking at something and I could pretty much predict what my brother was saying to me because I had heard it before in a dream. As usual, this is mundane stuff. Right now I can’t even remember what I was looking at but my eyes and ears had seen the exact stuff before – in my dream. And I get that déjà vu feeling as it happens. Neat stuff but nothing I can do regularly.

Okay, bed time and I want to read Harry Potter book 5 for hour, as usual, before sleeping. It’s good relaxation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home