Sunday, March 23, 2008

Maybe too much O.T. but for a good cause...ME!

Blog 032308

Tired.

I worked 18 hours in a 26 hour span. I went to work Friday night from 11pm to 7am. I got home about 7:30am and went to bed pretty quick. Got up at 3:45pm and headed back to work at 4:30pm to get there for 5pm. Then I worked 5pm to 3am. My grand plan was to get home and crash by 5am and get up for noon to have a decent rest for the Easter holiday. I got home and was in bed by 3:40am. Not sure when I feel asleep but I think it was a little after 4am. The cat knocked something over around 6 am forcing me to inspect what it was. Luckily it was tuperwere. But my sleep wasn’t restful. I had a million small dreams as I seemed to wake up every 15 minutes. I thought I was would crash hard after work but it wasn’t so. After about 4 hours of sleep and not that great of sleep I’m weary but not enough to fall back asleep. I just feel all sluggish and uninspired. That’s exactly what I was trying to avoid.

My mouse for my computer shot the shitter. I guess I used the left button to much. I noticed I was having trouble in Call of Duty 2 for awhile now but I thought it was bad ping. When I went to work on Photoshop the mouse wouldn’t click and drag to make selections. It would barely click. I can’t really complain since I beat the hell out of it but it does suck having to buy a new one. I’m currently using my Wacom Pad and the mouse that comes with it in the meantime to navigate my desktop. I’ll probably buy a mouse tomorrow.

My baseball draft is tonight. I let the computer do most of the drafting for me. I’ll never get the mainstays of my team back that eventually got me to a 3rd place finish. Two of my former players are listed as top 6 picks in most drafts and my best pitcher should also go in the first round. This year we also have 12 teams instead of 10. I have pick #10 in the first round because of my strong finish last year. I’m not sure who’ll I end up with. I usually dump at least a third of the computer picks during the season anyways and grab new guys.

I worked over-time the past two Saturdays because ConnCon is this coming weekend and I’ll be attending. The over-time was needed to compensate for missing this coming Friday and to help pay for going to ConnCon. This is girl there every year. I’m sure she’s on of the co-ordinator’s kids. She brings a huge cart of Girl Scout cookies every year and makes a killing. A lot of gamers are,…large people to be polite. And cookies, better yet good cookies, are a calling they can’t resist. The kid usually charges a buck more than they normal cost though the little wretch. Still, I haven’t seen anyone around my parts selling them so I’m budgeting $30 to go towards Girl Scout cookies.

I’ve eeked by in the first two rounds of CBR’s Project Runway 2008. So far two votes each round have been enough for me to slip by to the next round. A couple of people survive by voting for themselves. I haven’t done that yet. And some people have friends at the board vote for them. None of the people that have voted for me are people I really know at the board which is cool. This week was create a costumed character based on a state from the U.S. When were randomly assigned states and I got Louisiana. So I’ve created The Lousisann’ Swamp Rat. Basically, she sort of looks like a Dukes of Hazard girl but I think she’s kind of cool. We’ll see if she can carry me through to the next round. If I do make it I’ll have a touch schedule. You get the assignment on Thursday roughly noon. You then have to have the completed entry, including character write up and colored picture up by Monday around noon, I think. I leave late Friday morning for ConnCon and return home around Sunday night around 8pm. Not a lot of time to draw and color a decent picture and create a history. We’ll see what happens.

Found a new comic book site to post at. It helps a creator possibly get noticed by other professionals and or publishers. There’s no reason not to do it.

I drew a new picture of Jania for The Necropolis Chronicles issue 3 but it’s all out of proportion so I’ll have to do it again. This time I’m going to print the reference picture instead of trying to go from memory. In drawing from reference I usually do a better technical job on the art piece but it also tends to lose some ‘energy’ to the feel of the pic. I prefer energy over technical skill when I draw. Strangely though, I absolutely worship artist, painters mostly, that can create a photograph level portrait.

I finished watching season two of Rome recently. HBO series are great. Well, the Sorpranos and Rome are. Rome got great reaction out of me from squirming in discomfort to borderline cheering from my couch. The last episode or two was a little slow as they wrapped up the year’s plots but the middle episodes were really awesome.

I finished Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban or whatever the third book was titles. It was my favorite movie and my favorite of the three Potter books I’ve read. So I’m continuing this reading trend of mine for this year. My buddy was able to locate two more Dark Horse Universal Movie monster books for me. So now I have Frankenstein and also the Wolfman. The Frankenstein book has him met Jack the Ripper so I’m a little hesitant on that one. The Wolfman sounds more self contained so I’m planning to read that one next. I also have another 600+ Anita Blake novel from Christmas and the 4th Harry Potter book to read also. I’m actually looking forward to when I get to the Potter books that haven’t been made into movies yet. Those might actually surprise me. The movies follow the books pretty closely so when I read the books I’ve seen as movies there are no good surprises. Also on the horizon to read are the 4th edition D&D rules books. I believe they are due in June.

Heading off to spend most of Easter at the parents in a short while so I’ll end this here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

You're working too hard; you killed the mouse with the superior strength of your jacking-off hand; "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azakaban" book is far superior to the movie, as you probably realized.

Have a lovely Easter.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home