Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Finally! A Day off!

Blog 022008

Boy did I need a day off. I had President’s Day off and it refreshed me quite a bit. The Sunday night at work I barely made it in I was so tired. I lumped around work like a zombie yawning every two seconds. At 3am, 11 of the 14 of us went home. I was in bed and asleep less than 20 minutes after getting home. I slept for about 5 hours and got up. So in the end, I slept for about 13 to 14 hours in a 19 hour span.

I didn’t do much on my day off. I think I did a little bit of everything. I did some drawing, played some video games, saw my parents and watched Lord of the Rings that night. It’s one of my favorites. For whatever reason, the other two movies aren’t even in the same league as Lord. That Balrog is probably my favorite part. He looked awesome and fearsome.

Tuesday was a bit of a day of work. I cleaned the house vacuuming it, changing the sheets on my bed, cleaning the kitchen stove, doing a load of laundry and writing out some bills to pay. And later I went to work. I also went out and bought a new pair of sneakers that felt luxuriously comfortable on my first night wearing them. I also searched around for some athletic pants to replace the ones I have that ripped. I couldn’t find them which bummed me out pretty good but then located them as I walked out the store to my car. So I picked up two pairs and a shirt of the same material.

During my rounds through the mall looking for some new sneakers I passed a new store selling women’s shoes. I could see a ton of boots in there including what looked like some cool thigh highs. If only I had a girlfriend to buy them for. L

I can’t get my comics. The store is always closed before I get up. Now it’s getting downright annoying. I called late Friday and they were open. But I would have arrived, said ‘hi’, got my comics and left since I would’ve arrived at closing. I called Saturday night with some time to spare and nobody answered. I slept through their open hours on Sunday. I called Monday not really expecting them to be open. They weren’t. Called Tuesday and they were closed. Called today with almost an hour to spare and no answer. And today should have been new comics day. Sigh.

We found out my brother’s ex left her son with her girlfriend’s boyfriend for awhile. And that fellow took him to work. So when another that does heating and air conditioning walked into a local pizza joint on a call my nephew wandered into the kitchen. Wonderful. The guy didn’t know how my nephew knew my brother until it was explained. Then you must know ‘Sunny’ – his name for my brother’s ex. I guess his opinion of her isn’t the best.

No weird dreams lately.

I believe this eek I’m currently working is my last before I move back to my old department for the summer. I’ll probably work through Sunday and then start in my new old area on Monday. And I should have my weekends back. YAY! I can sign up here and there for over-time but I expect to skip doing that for a month!

I haven’t done my taxes yet even though I think I should get back around $800. Being single with no dependants I’ve never gotten back more than $800 combined and that was last year the first full year I could claim my house. So it kind of sucks. I made literally just under 40k and I’ll get back under $1000. Just goes to show you that people that say you lose so much in taxes for over-time but get it back at the end of the year are full of shit.

I signed up to do a fun contest called CBR’s Project Runway. It’s a comic book forum’s equivalent to reality tv designer shows where people are booted week to week. I was eliminated in the 5th week last year. I think there were about 12 of us last year. If the people that have said want in actually produce, we’ll have 18 people as of this writing. But usually about ¼ of the people don’t produce a design during the weeks and get eliminated because of it. It was fun last year and it starts the first week of March in believe.

Okay, done now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home