Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Vacation planning

021308


Feel very fatigued today. Working every weekend is really taking a toll on me. Every other day I wake and just feel utterly exhausted. Yet there’s talk of the area going to 12 hour shifts because only two people out of 15 from second shift show up on Sundays. Sunday is voluntary but it’s also double time. I couldn’t get to sleep again today. I think it was because of a couple of things. I went shopping just after work and it was miserable out. We had a couple of inches of snow and then and half-frozen rain mix to pick a crust on everything. Many roads were flooded and if a large truck passed you your windshield was completely covered with a half-snow, half-frozen rain mix. Again I had more phone calls during the day. Only one or two but it’s the equivalent of getting a phonecall waking one in the middle of the night. And my neighbor used their snowblower and then heavy construction equipment were plowing the roads. In other words, lots and lots of noise like very loud banging (plows) and engine noises. Ugh.

The end isn’t far off though before I’m out of the area. And then I should have my weekends off again. I’m sort of planning of taking a month of weekends off to recover. Then if OT is available I may sign up.

On the plus side of things, I’ve been planning my vacation. Most of this week’s paycheck will go towards it. I’m planning on attending Dragon Con Labor Day weekend. It’s a giant gaming/sci-fi/LARP/comic book/you name it con. It has in excess of 30,000 attendees. I’ve gone twice before and LOVED it. It’s by far my favorite con because there is too much to do. So my plans for the con at this time are to see the parade of costumes on Saturday, play D&D especially the new Living Forgotten Realms campaign, maybe some Living Greyhawk if it’s there which is more D&D, possibly the Cry for Dawn Look-a-like contest, and ramble about the area looking at all the tv stars, comic pro’s, and people peddling their wares.

Edit: Man, Clemens looks guilty as shit!

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

You deserve a vacation.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home