Tuesday, February 26, 2008

new (old) job and planning the vacation

Blog 022608

Ahhhhhh, my first day at work at my old job. And it was easy. Custom has yet to get busy yet so my first night back was relaxing with no pressure. I got to say hello to friends I hadn’t seen in a while and goof around with others.

I didn’t sleep well during Monday day so I went back to rest on my bed for about an hour before work. I fell into sleep here and there but my stupid alarm kept waking me at the wrong time. It seemed like it would go off 15 minutes before it was suppose to. It did around three times. I somehow managed to get some sleep though in 10 minute blocks and I actually had time to dream. About work. Ha-rumph!

The area I just left called to have me come back for half the night. Some first shifters came in early though. I walked down there only to be told to go back to my new area. This will probably happen all week long.

I have my weekends off! It’s going to feel so good to be able to have two full days off. Saturday tends to suck a bit as I have to decide if or how much I want to sleep since I get out at 7am that morning. Sundays are nice and normal. I have a lot of time off on Monday to do things before sleeping 3 hours before work that night.

I reserved a room in Atlanta for preparation for DragonCon. $95 a night plus tax. Tax will probably push it up to $115 a night or even more. The place is a short three minute walk to the hotels where the con is held. I could have tried for those hotels but the lowest rates of the three was $157 a night plus tax. So by walking for 3 minutes I’m saving somewhere around $160 over four nights. I’m not sure when I’ll buy my plane ticket. I won’t wait forever because I don’t want to get screwed trying to fly home on Labor Day. I think I may want to visit the Atlanta Aquarium while I’m there if I can manage it. This’ll be my first real vacation in several years!

Wading through Anita Blake, Obsidian Butterfly right. It’s only a 600 page book. This is the 5th book I’ve read in the series. While I like the book overall it’s starting to get repetitive. There are usually three or more subplots along with the major crime committed by the big bad guy. It really feels like the big crime is maybe one-third of the book while the sub-plots are almost filler material. Sometimes they are pretty cool but they are usually red herrings for the main plot. My plan is to finish this book and the last one I got for a X-Mas gift. I will then seek out the one or two books that have my favorite character Raina in them and read those. Then I’ll probably drop the series with something like 4 or 5 books to go.

I’m looking forward to the fantasy baseball league I play in. The commish up it to 12 teams this time around. We played with 10 each of the first two years. I finished 2nd the first year and third last year. We draft our teams like in football. The better you finished the lower you pick in the first round. Then each round is flipped flopped. So I’ll pick tenth in round one and third in round two then tenth in round three and so on. I’m hoping to get Jacolby Ellsbury of the Boston Red Sox on my team because he was really exciting last year. He’s much more of a gamble this year for a lot of reasons but he was a great spark for my team last year and he was fun to watch play.

I wish my brother would stop putting dishes in the left sink. I have a kitchen sink split into left and right sides. I keep the dish holder in the right side and put all my dirty dishes in the holder on the right side. My brother puts all his dirty dishes in the left side. We both constantly use the left side for sink duties like drinking and filling pots and whatever. Why he always puts dishes in the left side leaving them often right under the faucet is beyond me. Then again, I am talking about the same brother that said he’s paranoid about germs on his hands and washes them before doing the dishes yet uses whatever towel is available not knowing its previous usage to dry the same dishes. And again, his test for towel cleanliness is to stick it to his face and sniff deeply. I guess his nose has some germ detector that mine doesn’t. I always use a clean towel to dry dishes.

I hope everything goes well, Wendy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home