Friday, May 16, 2008

Finally feel rested!

Blog 051508

I finally feel somewhat rested.

Last week Ship’s Fool was out. This was actually good news. However, I either had to run the two person job pretty much by myself or try to run it while teaching new people what to do. So I was exhausted at the end of the week. What I thought was good news almost turned disastrous. I won over-time for that Saturday from 3pm to 11pm. I thought this was pretty good because I could have my whole Sunday, which was Mother’s Day, off and I could be well rested. Well, I pretty much didn’t sleep between getting out at 7am Saturday and returning to work for 3pm. I think I snuck in maybe 30 minutes between 9am and 9:30 am. I was totally exhausted heading into work and considered calling out. However, once I got to work I was okay. It’s pretty hot – over 80 degrees – and very active for a job so I believe that kept me awake with no problems. When I finally got home about 11:30 pm I was in bed and out cold in 10 minutes.

Sunday kind of sucked. My brother had switched days with a co-worker. I woke up at 5:30am and heard someone walking around the house. I investigated and that’s when I discovered my brother working on a day he never works. Then I couldn’t get back to sleep. So the rest of the day was spent with some spot napping and being a zombie. My mom ended up cooking a terrific ham dinner which I kind of felt bad about. But we did shower her with gifts.

Monday and Tuesday I was worn out. I ended up sleeping 9 and a hour hours Wednesday morning and eight or eight and half hours last night so I finally feel rejuvenated and alive. And I specifically didn’t sign up for any over-time this weekend. I think I’ve worked 6 days a week or more for 3 or maybe even 5 weeks straight.

So my life has pretty much been work, work, work. I’m looking forward to this weekend and having it off but it might not be all that. My brother has the kids for the next three weekends. This can kind of suck. It means my brother sleeps on the couch in the living room. All of my entertainment stuff is in the living room. I’m also a night owl. I know he’ll say it’s no big deal if I stay up but it really sucks having someone three feet away trying to get to sleep while I either surf the net, play video games or watch a movie on my big screen. Also, my brother likes to have ‘movie night’ as a way of spending time with the kids. But again, my computer is literally three inches from the side of my computer. So I feel like a chump if I use my computer and I don’t like the feeling that my niece or nephew may be watching my computer screen instead of the TV. A 40 inch screen TV is also very distracting when it is three inches from my computer screen. So I’ll probably end up locked away in my bedroom which is exactly what I did when I lived with my parents. Some things never change. It just really sucks that it’ll be in my own house. Three weekends where I might not be working any over time with one of those weekends being a holiday weekend and I may not be able to do what I want when I want in my house. It’s because of stuff like that that makes me want to tell my brother to get his own place already.

My baseball team is still solidly in second place for now. I don’t expect to reclaim first as the guy in first is a brutal player. He’s able to be at his computer right around midnight and can grab every good player and use them for the day and drop them the same day. It’s all fantasy stuff and legal but makes it very hard to compete unless you do the same thing. I work every week day night and can’t be at my computer to do the same thing.

Iron Man, the movie was awesome. I didn’t expect much from it but I still think about certain scenes almost 2 weeks after seeing it. Great super-hero flick.

My friends’ comic shop is finally totally done and over with. We’ve lost our hang out. That’s the worst part. I know we won’t spend as much time together and that really sucks. And I don’t expect to see a lot of the fringe guys anymore at all.

Between buying Xbox 360 with Rockband and working mad over-time I’ve done virtually nothing on issue three of my comic in the past few weeks. Hell, I didn’t even do the dishes for 5 days straight. I was down to eating cereal out of a 4 cup measuring cup!

I finished Harry Potter 5 the Order of the Phoenix. It was a better book than movie. I don’t recall really liking the movie. The book held my interest through the whole thing. I’m starting book 6 which is actually quite exciting. There is no movie for it and I have no idea what is going to happen. I’ve actually managed to miss all spoilers so I can really enjoy the book.

My stupid 2 gig mp3 player is being a pain in the ass. I recently uploaded songs from two new CDs to it. There were no problems. I then ripped about 20 songs from about 7 CDs to my harddrive last night and tried to put them on the mp3 player. An error on every song again and again and again. This really sucks. I should have the space on the player but there’s something with the formatting or some crap. I’m not sure what the deal is but it really sucks.

I had a nightmare the other night. I dreamt I was asleep and late for work. I really woke up grabbing at my clock to read the time. I had something like 10 hours before having to report to work. I hate those dreams.

I also had a weird dream where my friend Kevin was driving this dinky ass car like you’d see in Japan or something. He was constantly driving off the road and over grass as short cuts. We even went up a highway on ramp and cut across the highway and the grass median to get to the highway lanes leading in the opposite direction. Somehow we ended up in the long hotel that had only one room left. And every couple of minutes a family member of mine would open the door and show up! Eventually my whole family was in this dinky ass room with like one bed.

I know some of that stuff was inspired from the pictures my brother took in Japan. He just recently got home from Japan on a business trip lasting about 3 weeks. One thing that was awesome is that he brought home a whole boat load of Japanese candy. I love this thing called a Meiji chocolate bar. It tastes sort of like Hersey’s and dark chocolate. But the texture once it melts in your mouth is very glossy and superior to the classic Hershey bar which is the only chocolate I really like. He also brought home this candy that’s like a cross between gum and a Starburst. It was strawberry in flavor and was slightly tougher than gum but in a good waxy way. I really liked them. He also got me, upon my request, a book of manga. It’s a huge black and white thing looking something like 200 pages. It’s all in Japanese though (DUH!) so I can’t really determine what’s being said. But it’s neat to have something from Japan. I suppose I could just order it somehow but it’s not the same. It’s a neat souvenir.

My cat’s booster shot cost $90! WTF?!?!?! And I’ll need to buy minutes this month for my Tracphone so there’s another $100 or more on my credit card. Ugh. And I’ll still owe about $188 after my next big payment on the Xbox 360 purchase. Gah. Looks like I’ll be working more over-time in the coming weeks.

And I’m sorry to say that my once greatly growing raspberry bushes all full of green stocks and life on my kitchen table are dying and sickly now that I’ve transplanted them. Two look outright dead. The two best thriving ones seem to be barely hanging on. I bought another bush that ended up being half price for some reason. That one I transplanted fairly quickly and seems to be doing okay for now. The one single bush I bought last year actually has a couple of baby bushes around it so hopefully that turns into a nice base to build a whole patch on. We’ll see. I probably buy one or two more bushes this weekend if they are still available. I’d love to have a large batch of raspberry bushes at my disposable to eat from in my yard.

I’m done. I need to eat the final part of my breakfast and read some Harry Potter book 6 before bed. Then it’s one last night of work and then the weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home