Monday, June 16, 2008

Been busy with comics and work stuff!

Blog 061608


Where to begin because I haven’t written in a while.

COMIC NEWS!

I’ve posted The Necropolis Chronicles at Drunkduck.com.

http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Necropolis_Chronicles/index.php?p=414618

It started off well and has settled down a bit to what seems like a regular veiwership. I started by posting 10 pages to get things rolling and that seems to have worked well. So far, the comments have all been positive and the ratings have all been 5 stars out of 5 stars.

I’ve also been looking in WOWIO and seeing about having the comic posted there for downloading.

In more mundane news:

I liked Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull movie. It took me a little off-guard. It’s set in the 1950’s so once I turned my mindset to that it worked well for me. But I kept expecting Nazi’s to show up! The ending was a little cliché but I would say it’s my second favorite movie overall that I’ve seen this year so far. I think my moving viewing has been limited though. I believe I have gone to see Cloverfield, Iron Man, Chronicles of Narnia – Prince Caspian, and now Indiana Jones. Seems like I’m missing a movie but I guess if I did it wasn’t all that memorable.

I’ve been back to working six days a week lately. Last night I scored Sunday which is double time. That certainly helps when I’m on my ‘mortgage’ weeks where the bulk of my paycheck goes to paying my mortgage. I get the feeling the company is trying to build up some stock knowing that lay-off’s are soon to hit and that they’ll be a learning curve to deal with and maybe some older people washing out if they bump into Dual Core. My Sunday OT was in Dual Core and holy shit was it hot. The large AC unit right by me was set to 92 degrees and it never stopped. During the week of massive heat last week one or two workers passed out. It was reported that the room hit 144 degrees!

I’m wondering if I should get a new dentist. The place I’ve been going to for the past 15 years has been sold twice now. The new dentist seems to be quite good and all but I was stunned when I went to get a small filling last week. My portion of the bill which was 20% of the total was $65! Holy shit! So my figuring is 20% twice or almost half the bill should be $130. My further figuring is that my filling cost around $300! Good grief!

My fantasy baseball team is in a pretty good slump. My offense has really hit the shitter. Despite having 5 guys on my team that hit 3rd or 4th on real life teams – which usually means that they are the best hitters on the team – I’ve lost all 7 offensive categories for two weeks straight now! Only my pitching has saved me some. But I’m still losing at an alarming rate. I went from solidly in 2nd place to one game ahead of fourth place. Oy. But better to slump now than in the play-off’s. I still expect my team to make the play-off’s. Top 6 teams of our 12 team league make it. Last year my team barely snuck in at the last minute and I won 2 out of 3 series and finished 3rd overall in the league winning a bronze trophy for my sports profile.

Nothing new on the work lay-off’s. I may go or may not. I want to stay overall at my job but if I can get unemployment for 2 years and near free schooling because my job left for China that could be a really sweet deal. That part of the lay-off is actually quite exciting.

The Ship’s Fool continues her standard belly-aching. This past week the company held tours of the plant for workers because a bunch of newer people didn’t know what from where. So the Fool takes her two hour tour and I ran the area by myself. It got a little hurried here and there but I survived until she returned. The next night I did my tour and was gone for two hours. If I heard correctly, she didn’t have to lift a finger for the first 45 minutes of the shift. Since we replenish stock this is not necessarily uncommon. As soon as she had to do some actual work she went to the supervisor and asked if she had to run the area by herself. The super replied that I had. She stormed out and slammed the door. He did send over this guy that’s really good at the job and way better at it than the Fool.

Later I come back from the tour and have to hear the Fool complaining up and down. And she mentioned she was ‘pissed off’. I told it it had to wait because of the truth – I had to weigh some barrels with the supervisor. It’s awesome to be able to tell the truth and stick it to whiners. So later on the Fool does her usual deal. She’s got all this breath to sing her songs as she’s working but when she gets near me pushing her car of golf balls she’s all out of breath like she’d just run a marathon. It’s hard for me not to laugh in her face over this because it’s so fake. She also makes sure to grab parts of her body and moan in pain like her hip. I just ignore it. It’s also laughable that she’ll open a new barrel of golf balls if another barrel is available if the first gets to be half empty. I wouldn’t empty the barrels one night and she had three barrels half full sitting around for one golf ball type. The guys on first were mystified by this when they saw it. But this time she emptied the barrel to its last balls when it meant she’d have to get on a forklift and pull a new skid down.

The next night the Fool called out claiming she sprained her ankle. She called out Friday night also now claiming she was at the hospital getting X-Rays. At 11pm at night? Okay. The whole crew laughs at this. Yeah, it’s just a LITTLE suspicious that the Fool is has regularly missed Thursdays and Fridays over the past few months. She always has some issue both days usually dealing with emergency mammograms or some other hospital visit. Funny how that works. My parents on the other hand have never had a hospital visit take place at night much less later in the night and they have to regularly go to the doctors because they are elderly.

I’ve been reading the hell out of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. It around 741 pages and I’m on page 515 or so. I could probably finish it today if I sat down and read it. I’ve read it so much over the weekend though that I might not. But it is sprinkling here right now which means I have an excuse not to bondo my car up which I should really do.

Okay, I’m sick of writing now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home