Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Geez, it's been awhile since last posting

Blog 101607

Damn sickness. I’m fighting something right now. It usually nails me when I’m sleeping. I woke up today early and had to get up and blow my nose for about 4 minutes. I didn’t get everything out but it really felt as if I blew my nose anymore I would actually hurt myself. But I was able to get two solid hours of sleep afterwards.

I have no idea where I got this sickness. Sometimes I wonder if it’s my house. I can’t recall getting this sick when living at my parents place. Then I wonder if it’s my brother. He lives on cigarettes and coffee. He’s usually sick every other month. I use to get sick once a year. Not anymore. Also, with my brother living here, my nephew is here every other weekend. Being seven he’s exposed to tons of other kids and maybe bringing home stuff that eventually gets to me.

I got a raise at work because of the union contract. So what happens? First week of the raise is union dues. So I’m not sure how much more money I’ll have in my check. I think somewhere around $15 or a little more.

I thought I was doing great for money and saving. My car insurance was paid off, my credit card balance was zero… I was all set to start spending money on ME! Then my house insurance arrived. $440. I also went to the dentist. I have a new cavity. They also sold me this mouth rinse to help kill germs for $18! Sigh. As soon as I get ready to spend money on me, surprise surprise, more people want money.

Had a dream about my co-workers. It may have been a mistake to tell them. I mentioned how we all ended up in a 1975 blue pick-up truck being driving by a co-worker. My boss was in the dream. Apparent he was creeped out because he use to a 1975 blue pick-up that he got rid of before I ever met him.

My buddy at the comic store hurt a rib by sneezing. LOL!

I’m doing well in my football leagues. This year I drafted my team. In one league I’m 5-1 with Tom Brady as my QB. He’s ripping it up both in real football and fantasy. In the second league I’m 4-2. In that league I’m facing the undefeated highest scoring juggernaut who is in first place. It’s a tough match-up.

I’ve been trying to draw a back cover for the comic lately. I’ve gone through a couple of ideas that were uninspiring. I think I may have come up with something I like finally. Jaina is pretty much finished in the drawing but the backgrounds take up most of the picture. Jaina looks pretty decent though.

Football and being at my parents a lot has really filled up my weekends. I think it was last weekend where I told my buddies I would show up and fell asleep after work for over 5 to maybe 8 hours. I showed up at the last second so they made sure to give me a lot of grief.

Name dropping time. I’ve been in contact with a book cover artist named Larry Dixon. He has a website called gryphonking.com. I’ve been communicate with him through a message board via PMs. I recently sent him a bunch of my extra Heroclix that I didn’t want. He’s going to give them to some kids. He also asked that I send him some copies of my comic. He did ask that I sign them but I screwed up. I didn’t have a silver pen and neither did the comic store. It use to and I was relying on that. They didn’t. The cover is dark so dark or even blue inks don’t show up. So I felt like a jerk as I sent him unsigned copies.

A fellow YAB forum member while at work at a place to help kids with behavioral problems was chased around by a 450 pound guy who had a butcher knife trying to stab him. I may not like my job but something like that keeps me from taking my bitching about it to seriously.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

"The sickness"... ha ha. You speak of it as though it came from a monkey or something...

Life is GOOD when you are Patriots fan, ya?

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home