Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What else? The Weekend.

Blog 092507

The weekend wasn’t half bad.

Saturday I got home and slept for about 4 or maybe even 5 hours. Got up and headed to my friend’s for D&D. We hadn’t played for some time. Or at least, I hadn’t. I don’t think I’ve played since March.

Another friend came down that we hadn’t seen for quite awhile. I hadn’t heard from a couple of friends for awhile so I sent out some ‘hello, how are you?’ style e-mails. So part of that e-mailing led to a get together.

D&D was decent. I was a little tired but still had fun. My character did well overall.

I can’t recall Saturday night. I’m pretty sure I played Call of Duty 2 on-line until bed.

Sunday I ran around a bit before football. I headed to Enfield, CT to buy more Marvel figurines. I picked up Spider-Man and Blade. Blade does nothing for me as a character but his figurine looks awesome and is one of my favorites. Spider-Man looks okay but the shop owner said he couldn’t get him anymore so I bought Spidey. Unfortunately, any time the shop owner says the figure is sold out he jacks up the price by $8 immediately. So Spidey cost me $20 which rather sucked but he only had 2 of them left. He has a number of other figures that are $20 and sold out. One I have on order from my local store so I don’t know if I’ll ever see that figure.

I got stuck on the way home in Big E traffic. I eventually got where I was going despite driving about 10 mph on the highway for quite awhile.

I did some shopping and hurried home to catch the rest of the Patriots game. I missed about the first quarter.

I watched football most of the rest of the day and caught a wonderful turkey dinner at my parents’ place. I had to wait through an anxious Monday Night Football but both my fantasy football teams won and both now stand at 2 wins and 1 loss. I finished 8-5-1 for the week in baseball in the fight for 3rd and 4th place. I didn’t realize it but I guess we play for 2 weeks just like the battle for 1st and 2nd place.

I watched the first part of Ken Burn’s World War 2 documentary. It’s a little slow and I kept falling asleep because I was exhausted but it was decent overall.

Monday I didn’t sleep much and headed to my parents place early in the day. One of my brothers and I went to the Big E. It’s a big farming fair that’s the 6th largest in the country. It has all sorts of stuff there like rides, animal shows and lots and lots of food. I had clam fritters, a soft serve, part of a pretzel, part of a fried dough, two slushes, New York style pizza and I bought cotton candy for home along with a maple sugar candy. I had a decent time there but it is pretty much the same thing every year. I also bought a small amount of beef jerky and some Boston Red Sox socks that I’m wearing as I write this. Greg bought a radio controlled helicopter.

We left after about 5 hours. I got home and slept for about 5 hours before work.

More shitty news at work. Now the paint room on 3rd shift and packing on second shift are being laid off. I’m hearing it’s anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks. That leaves just my old room and my current room as people that work third shift at the plant. Not sure how I’ll be affected. I could lose my job through bumping. We’ll see. Some times I worry about it but for the most part I try not to.

When I got up I found out I had a dentist appointment the next day. I knew it was coming soon but I didn’t know when because I lost my card from 6 months earlier.

I went to the dental cleaning and got it done. I was fairly tired. They found a new cavity and scheduled for a filling. They also gave me, at a cost, a mouth rinse to help protect my teeth. I had over paid them earlier because of a claim foul-up so I didn’t have to pay anything this time. Despite brushing every day, usually twice a day 95% of the time I never get good news from the dentist. At best I had a few trips where I got a ‘see you in 6 months’ deal, that’s it.

I had a dream today where I was attacked by a large bear. I called my dad for help. The old family dog was hooked up at his post but to old to do anything and the bear ignored him for me. We had the bear running between us before another brother came out. He had these poles with knock out needles on them. We grabbed them and started stabbing the bear. It finally fell unconscious but it was also really injured from the number of times we stabbed it. At one point I was trying to kill it with my large needled pole. The bear was able to claw me a couple of times drawing blood.

At the Big E we had seen a number of live, large bears on display.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home