Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Labor Day weekend and disgusting habits

Blog 090307

Labor Day weekend.

This weekend had it’s up’s and down’s.

Saturday morning after work I went and bought two pies using my $75 gift card I won at work. I then brought those and the card to my parents’ house. I gave them the remainder of the gift card which was just under $60. The apple pie I bought I love and is a proven winner. The chocolate cream pie wasn’t so great and I won’t be buying another one. Plain old chocolate pudding and whipped cream makes for a better pie than what I bought.

I went home, caught some zzz’s and then went to my parents for supper. Played some cribbage with my buddy at the comic store and went home after some movie plans fell through with other friends. I kicked some ass on Call of Duty 2 and drew up Yankee Doodle Darling and scanned her in to color her. I made a mistake. I had gotten hungry around 10pm and ate part of a turkey/bacon wrap I hadn’t finished on Friday night. At 11pm I made a cherry flavored Kool-Aid slush against my better judgment. I had so much energy I couldn’t get to sleep. I knew I probably wouldn’t be able to sleep even though I went to bed sometime after 2am. It didn’t help that my neighbor’s brother was partying at his house. From 2am to just about 3am a group of dudes sat in their driveway bullshitting. They weren’t terribly loud but just the acoustics of my yard carried their voices right to my bedroom. I could almost hear every word they said right through my closed windows. One guy in particular seemed to have a loud talking voice. It was bothersome but more because of the environment as opposed to being loud and drunk. The only time I really wanted to call the cops was when they were leaving. Someone had a fairly loud motorcycle and sat on the thing for around 5 minutes at 3am occasionally revving the engine. Then another dude hopped in his truck and did the same thing. That was highly annoying and totally inconsiderate of them. My neighbor and his wife are good neighbors and quite smart. His brother is a decent guy but I don’t think he’ll amount to much professionally at least. I’m not sure of his age but he seems cut out of the Wayne’s World mode. I finally fell asleep somewhere around 5am.

Sunday I woke up a couple of times before finally falling out of bed shortly after noon. I had a fantasy football draft at 1pm so I showered and ate breakfast and then it was about time to draft. I was in a bit of trouble as I found I couldn’t enter the live draft. I love drafting so I was really upset and apprehensive about getting into the draft. After some panicked phone calls and a failed attempt at downloading java I was able to successfully download it and get it running in order to draft. I made it without maybe 5 minutes to spare before the start of the draft. I went with a number of new players this time around so I don’t really have a connection or bond to my team yet. It could be a sweet team and I don’t think it’ll suck. We’ll see what happens.

I think I did some more drawing before I had another draft at 8:15pm. I tried to draft many of the same players because I hate rooting against myself if I have a ton of different guys for my teams. I only like to do two team leagues because otherwise it becomes too much to handle. Some guys do 5 or 6 leagues a year. I did join a third league which is a ‘pick ‘em’ league. You just pick what team you think will beat what team and the finally tally off all the picks at the end of the year determines the winner.

Monday I got up around noon again. I couldn’t help it. Even 8 or more hours of sleep didn’t seem to refresh me. I was happy to see my fantasy baseball team made the final play-off spot despite a disastrous 1-12-1 final week. I’m still upset my team did so horribly the final week but happy I made the play-off’s by about an inch. I switched around my roster including benching last year’s Most Valuable Player for the Amercian League. So far it had paid off in only one day of playing as his replacement hit a 2 run home-run in his first night.

After doing something Monday afternoon including burning a music CD I went to my parents’ place for supper. It was a bigger crowd than expected which was nice. I thought there would about 4 or 5 of us but there ended up being about 8 or 9. Only my sister and her husband were missing and they were on the road returning from the beach. Food was great. King Crab legs didn’t do much for me and it tasted a lot like lobster. I just don’t care for seafood. I haven’t found any that I’ve really liked without drowning it in butter which is something I don’t care to do with my food. I also had 2 small cupcakes, a can of soda, a tall glass of grape juice, a hamburger, a hot dog, and ear of corn on the cob, a glass of lemonade and a large piece of the apple pie I bought on Saturday morning. A walk around my parents’ five acres of land burned off some calories. I’m embarrassed to say I was vaguely winded by the time I got back. Talk about embarrassing!

My buddy and former co-worker from work asked if he could bring some friends over to my parents’ place to investigate the ghostly happenings there. His friends have expensive equipment to use in detection of anomalies. My parents agreed readily and we just have to set a date. My buddy had asked for sometime in November. I’m not aware of anything really noteworthy happening in the house since we had this guy over who was determined to cleanse the house before even setting foot in it. He walked around taking digital camera pictures. Two pictures of the back staircase were a former boy in the house had supposedly died looked like someone had thrown red paint all over the walls.

My mom mentioned my sister’s house because that has some events that have happened in it and I mentioned it to my buddy. I have yet to ask my sister about it but I’m sure she’ll probably agree to let my buddy in.

My buddy is into scientific research of ghosts and not religious. The two friends he mentioned are involved with TAPS, a local research group for paranormal stuff. This is the same group that has a show on the Sci-Fi network called Ghosthunters.

Nothing great for dreams lately just odd stuff. I was a young dude, maybe a teenager, while on an expedition into the wild looking for wild animals maybe even dinosaurs. The lands of the Earth still had vast regions unexplored although some of the equipment was quite modern.

Another dream this morning had me on a dock as a cashier at Toys R Us. A couple of my current co-workers were there like Pee Wee and Timmy and I think Jill. Essentially, there were cashier lanes built right on the dock. If you stepped out of the cashier area the wrong well you were taking a dive into the water!

The brother that lives with is kind of gross with towels. He reuses them to dry off after multiple showers. I don’t ask how many. I don’t care if my crack and groin are clean, one rub down with the towel and it’s done. New towel for next shower. When I do the dishes and he dries them off he’ll almost always use whatever hand towel is at hand. If it doesn’t stink it’s good to go. If he’s around I now ditch any old towels and pull out a new clean one to be used to dry the dishes before he even offers to help now.

I also get annoyed over where he puts dirty dishes. This isn’t a big problem just a head scratcher. I have a double sink or whatever you want to call two sinks side by side. The right one always has the dirty dish bucket thing and there is almost always some dirty dishes in it as they are in constant use. Anytime my brother makes a dirty dish it goes in the empty sink side. It’s like ‘hello! There’s a dirty dish side, thank you!’ It’s one of those things where if I have to explain it it makes my brother look really stupid because it’s so obvious so I don’t mention it. He should clean his coffee cup more too. I’ve seen ants crawling around inside it between uses. So my brother is a bit of a slob on the gross side. I too can be a pretty good slob with a decent chunk of clutter but I hate filth. To me there is a difference between having lots of magazines and bills and stuff hanging around and reusing towels and such.

3 pages is enough for today. I’m done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home