Monday, August 06, 2007

another good weekend

Blog 080607

The weekend was pretty good. I got out of work Saturday morning and we ended up driving down to my brother’s place in Rhode Island from my parents. I was surprised in that I crashed during the ride. Usually, I cannot fall asleep in a moving car. I was in and out for about 40 to 50 minutes and it gave me enough energy for the day.

The hottub at my brother’s was busted so that was a disappointment. But his new Mustang was there and it looked pretty sharp.

I spent a lot of time in the swimming pool. Mostly a bunch of us batted around a beach ball. My arms and shoulders were sore the next day. I don’t think I’ve been swimming since the last time I went to my brother’s which was 2 years ago.

The food was quite good and I gorged. On the ride home I asked to stop at a local large farm’s ice cream store. I was hoping to get some fresh, homemade half gallon of ice cream but only there were only cones and dishes to be had. I got 1 scoop of cake batter in case I didn’t like it. $2.99 for a scoop! It cost my brother $10 for 2 scoops for him and his son! Whew! At least I liked mine. I guess they did. There were a bunch of Harley riders there. I’m dead positive they were all just business men and homemakers playing tough.

Sunday I sat out in the sun and did some drawing and got a sun burn. Chow at my mom’s later that night was awesome. She made a peach cobbler at my request and it was terrific.

I’m trying to break a creative slump that I’ve been in recently. My weekdays have been really bad: wake up, surf the net, work, surf the net, sleep, repeat day after day. I’m consciously walking away from my computer to do other things. So far it’s working but it’s been the weekend. The week days will be the real test. I think just getting into some sunshine has energized me some. I have a bad habit of staying indoors mostly because I have no real hobbies for outside. That’s why I try to draw outside just to get fresh air and sun.

Had a crazy dream this morning. I was helping my buddy run his comic shop. He needed someone to run his original store so I helped out while he worked on a new store. I ended up playing a video game that ended up being sort of a on-line alternate reality. I’ve just forgotten the real word I’m looking for because I’m distracted by my cat. Anyways, when I logged on I was a heroic elf of considerable skill and the leader of an army. It was sort of the Lord of the Rings type universe. Aragorn was there and I was sort of playing the elf. I had to lead a small army, maybe a platoon, into the caves to recover a massive gem with magical properties. This gem ended up being the size of a human man’s head! It was all pink with a slight red glowing in it. It was shaped like a pineapple. The cave system I was fighting in was narrow, pretty much single file. I was leading the way chopping everything up with my magical rapier like I was some Jedi elf warrior. I think I judged myself to be at least a 13th level ranger sort of class. I was chopping up bulky armored orcs until we took over. I logged out and later logged back in after seeing my buddy the Oompaloompa. The shyster old partner was trying to get back into the company or something so I had to make sure he didn’t. My buddy’s two stores were about a block away from one another with pretty much just a gas station in between them. The first store was comics, the second seem comics and candy and sort of convenience store stuff too.

I went back to playing on-line and transported into the world. My troops and I now had to hold out against an approaching army of orcs and whatever that was coming to win the gem back. The cave area we were in had a single tunnel leading out. I went out to scout turning right, then left which brought me to a sharp but short incline that then turned left at the top. All corners were ninety degrees and the cave was fairly square like a natural hall corridor rather than a cave. I could hear the army approaching and hurried back to my troops who were maybe 40 feet behind me at their station. I wanted a elf scout to accompany me to hold off the army. In typical gaming fashion, I knew this elf scout was pretty much a stalling sacrifice and totally expendable. He may have followed but I was in the lead. I got just about to the top of the incline when bad guys started coming around the corner. At first they were orcs but then it turned to fast moving zombies. I was killing everything but there were so many some were slipping by. My character wasn’t tired but I knew I’d be overwhelmed and fell back to my troops. We grabbed the gem and started retreating. Along with myself, I took the high level characters of the platoon and acted as rear guard so that the troops with the gem could escape. I think we were successful but I woke up.

I’m pretty sure I pissed off and internet friend pretty good. Her last e-mail was pretty irate sounding. I’m not sorry for what I did because I was trying to help. The internet is an odd place. I don’t know if I’d ever be friends with this person if I had known her first in person. Probably not, unfortunately.

I stomped my opponent in fantasy baseball going 11-2-1. He was the last place though. Now I’m facing the 2nd to last place team. Somehow, she’s beaten me in the first two meeting though. Back then, I was in last place. Now I am in 6th place which is the last play-off spot. I had an outside chance of moving to 5th by year’s end but it’s more likely I could lose my 6th place. I end the season facing the league commissioner who is currently in first. He’s only lost two match-up’s. One was against me where my team drubbed him something like 10-2-2. The other was against the woman I’m currently facing.

I think I’m done for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home