Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Sad news

Blog 080107

I doubt highly I can find a replacement for the porcelain incense burner that broke yesterday morning. It’s from the Noble Collection and after about 5 or 6 different Google searches and perusing Ebay I couldn’t find it. It’s like not produced any more. This has me very sad in that I loved my Egyptian cat burner. Most of it is still intact but it doesn’t have the visual balance of the candle plate that sits on top of the three cats. Since I believe in karma, I almost have to wonder if I slighted someone somehow pretty badly since I loved this particular piece.

More bad/sad news. At work I noticed a picture hanging on the wall of the custom art art room. I recognized the fellow in the pict as a guy I went to college. I hadn’t seen Ed since college. So I asked the split shift guy about Ed. Ed died four years ago. I was shocked. The guy didn’t have too many details just that Ed was engaged and had some health issues and his fiancé found him on the floor one day. That was pretty much it. It was quite sad. I remember Ed as a friend and I probably hung around him second most when in college. He was quiet and didn’t seem to have a lot of friends. I did get a little upset with him that he sometimes seemed to latch on to people but there always seemed a bit of sadness around him too. Overall, he was a decent guy.

I got up at 7:45pm tonight! Ugh! I usually get up around 6pm. I went to sleep sometime after 11:30am this morning though so I got around 7 hours of sleep. It didn’t help having to piss about three times, a knock at the front around my ‘middle of the night’ by FedEx and some C5-A Galaxy transports (HUGE Air Force planes) flying overhead.

I just signed up for my buddy’s fantasy football league. I’m looking forward to it. The two years I drafted live I won the whole league. Last year I didn’t draft live in either league. I really missed it and didn’t really care for about half of either team I had in either league. I also finished horribly in both leagues. In fantasy baseball I don’t really mind having the computer draft because I don’t know all the players. In football, I’m usually pretty good about scoring good players to make a highly competitive team. Because I finished poorly in each league and pretty much everyone is returning, I’ll have a mid to high draft pick because we draft based on the previous year’s record.

Work continues to suck when I get stuck stamping. Last night was no exception. I have hopes though for about 20 new jobs that are suppose to be appearing in Oct or Nov.

Apparently I have mutant calves. They are kind of big. One of my co-workers said if we got stuck in the woods he’d eat one to stay alive. Numerous co-workers have remarked on my calves oogling over the long, freakish muscles of them.

I’ve been in a huge creative slump. It’s lasted for about 2 weeks now. I’ve pretty much just been doing work, sleep, internet, with visiting family and friends on the weekends. This week continues that trend.

The family will be going to my brother’s this weekend for his party. I don’t want to drive since I’ll be getting out of work 7am that morning so I’ll be tagging along with someone. One thing I can never do is sleep in a car. So I will probably be awake for something like 24 hours. He got his Mustang finally. He had to settle for a red one instead of a blue one. He sent a pic of it out and it looks sharp. I look forward to seeing it in person. Makes me want to get one. I don’t miss my 1968 Camaro but it was pretty awesome looking.

I think I may be getting sick of third shift. I don’t hate it but I’m missing a lot of sunlight. I don’t really have many activities I do outdoors but it does kind of suck to go to bed in the morning and wake up as the sun is setting. In the winter I pretty much totally miss any sunlight. Maybe not getting sunlight is part of my dreariness problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home