Saturday, June 16, 2007

Where to start?

Blog 061507


Where to start?

Friday was a day of worry and tension. My mom was admitted to a hospital. I was pissed at myself and some at my brother that lives with me. I was pissed with myself because I skipped a phone as I lay in bed not wanting to answer the phone. The answering machine got it but the sound is turned down so I couldn’t here what was said. It was one of my brothers telling me mom had been admitted. I got pissed at the brother that lived with me because he didn’t bother waking me up thinking I was asleep to tell me she had been admitted. WTF?!?!?

My mom was admitted for an infection on a cut that was oozing puss or some sort of discharge colored with pink, i.e. blood. She was immediately put on anti-biotics or was suppose to be. They could find her vein to get the I.V. to stay in. It took the hospital over 3 or 4 hours to finally get it in.

So my brother that didn’t bother to wake me calls the house to explain what is going on. So I get all my mom’s room and hospital info. I had just come out of the shower and still clad in a towel during this call. I dressed and headed out to see her. Unfortunately, I was rather flustered and my brain decided to tell to go to the wrong hospital. I got 1 minute from that hospital when I realized I had the wrong one. Of course, the traffic couldn’t move fast enough for me and everybody seemed to be doing the speed limit or less as I backtracked to the correct hospital.

When I got to her room my sister, niece, her boyfriend and my live-in brother were all there. My dad and another brother had already gone home. My mom sorta kicked them out because they were driving her nuts with their worry. My mom actually looked more healthy in the hospital bed than the last time I had seen her which was 5 days earlier. She was sick with the flu or something and never got off the couch despite me being there 3 or 4 hours.

I stayed for about an hour and was allowed to stay a little past visiting hours because I had gotten there late. When I left, I found I was locked in! The lobby had all its lights shut off and the entrance was all locked up so I couldn’t get out! I started wandering around the hospital wings and shortly found a nurse or someone to let me out a side door.

That night at work I was fairly miserable as I was concerned with worry. My mom maybe needed surgery and had gone for a CAT scan after I had left. They may have done an MRI too but I can’t recall. I wasn’t sure of what exactly the problem was with her which added to my worry.

In the morning at home I got a call from my dad. He told me my mom was doing well with the anti-biotics and that surgery was not necessary. She sounded pretty good that night when I called. I had gotten up real late so I didn’t visit her. Talk about feeling guilty! But we did talk on the phone for close to an hour.

So mom is in the hospital for the weekend but the prognosis seems pretty good and the feeling is that she should probably get out Monday. We’ll have to see whether that comes true but today I was VERY happy with the news dad had given me.

On the way to work I finally heard the artist of an old song I’ve been wanting to get. His name is Billy Swan. I had been mis-identifying him as Jerry Lee Lewis. The song is something like I Can Help or Let Me Help. It sounds like it from the fifties. Now I should finally be able to go find it and add it to my music collection.

My baseball team is beating up on my buddy. Things are close but I’m winning 10-3 out of 14 categories. Since I’m in last place I really need to pound on people to get back into the race.

I also got some bad news at work. The crush seems to be avoiding me like the plague. A lot of it is my fault and some of it is because of ignorance on my part. The crush doesn’t like being called a kid and finds it really creepy to be called a little girl. I have a confidant that tells me this. We have sworn to secrecy to one another not to mention what we discuss to the crush or others because we both think it would really hurt the crush. I made a big mistake the other day and showed really poor judgment. I had some Pez candies and as crush went by I said ‘Candy Little Girl?’. It’s a reference to Chester the Molester which is an older cartoon from Hustler or Playboy. But crush walks so fast she just went ‘What?” with sort of a fearful look and kept walking before I could say anything else. So it’s gotten to me that that really creeped her out. I feel really bad about it and figured it would lead to trouble almost as soon as I couldn’t say I was joking. When I had tried to offered the same candy later (crush has taken lollipops from me in the past) that night more normally, she just kept walking saying ‘no thanks’.

So before I knew the little girl stuff really bothers her, I was talking with my friend giving her a hassle about the white coat she was wearing. She and the crush were painting the floor of the shop and my friend had on sort of a doctor’s coat made of really cheap fibers. It’s like a paper coat. Crush looked really good tonight. She must’ve been on a date because she wore tight fitting clothes and came in at 3am and not 11pm which is the start of the shift. So I know things are weird between me and crush and I don’t want to upset her so I don’t really saying anything to her. I talk to my friend by saying ‘I’d like an Italian Ice, please.’ I then tell her that her coat reminds me of a Ding Dong Ice Cream truck. She’s using a tongue stick (the kind that doctors use to check your throat) to stir paint and tells me to lick that. She I get a little pervy and flick my tongue out like I’m licking it. Crush saw this even though it wasn’t meant for her and speaks up saying ‘I bet I can do that better than you’. I mention off-hand that we would need a contest and I miss what crush says but it’s something about being woman with sexual needs. I reference my comic by saying something like she isn’t a little girl in a school outfit. I can’t recall what exactly I said but there was sexual suggestion in it because that was what the whole conversation had been. I guess she got really creeped out by the little girl comment and said ‘that creeps me out’ and meant it. I then said, ‘okay, you’re a kid then’, or something to that effect. At this time I did know she didn’t like being called a kid but didn’t know she didn’t like being called a little girl. I hadn’t meant anything by the little girl stuff but I was annoyed she called me out on sexual skills. That’s why I called her a kid. But I guess she was quite bugged out by the little girl stuff. I talked with my friend a wee bit more and crush said nothing else concentrating on painting the floor. I didn’t realize her uncomfortable feelings. I then went back to my machine.

Later, out of sight from crush, confidant tells me I can’t call crush little girl and the like because she got really creeped out. This is also when I was informed of the bad showing on my part about the ‘candy little girl’ comment. I felt and feel really bad about the ‘candy little girl’ comment. The second ‘little girl’ comment I don’t really feel bad about. This is more because of the history of conversations crush and I have. They have been sexually suggestive a lot. Some of her stuff has even somewhat offended me. Once incident that really threw me was when she was asking at lunch at a table full of like five other people whether I liked to ride the cucumber or something. With stuff like that, it’s really hard to sudden understand that ‘that creeps me’ was meant in all seriousness in the middle of a conversation. I readily admit at being sometimes totally blinds towards reading signs and stuff. On the other hand, when for well over two months conversation with the crush have tons of suggestive statements from both parties, it clouds what it meant as serious and what is just goofing around. I tried to explain that to confidant but I’m not sure I explained it well. I did mention that maybe the best course of action for me to talk is just not talk with crush. She’s not really much of a crush anymore anyways. I still like her and all but I don’t want to creep her out or offend her any further. I am considering a blind apology for Monday though. This would be to get crush to admit to me what offends so that I don’t do it again. On a side note, confidant did miss that crush had stated that crush had more tongue skills than me. I told confidant that she has selective hearing. LOL!

So I’m really happy about my mom. I’m also pretty sorry about saying inappropriate things to crush.

I’ve forgotten anything else I may have wanted to write at this time. LOL!

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Hope your mom will recover fully!

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home