Tuesday, June 05, 2007

again, the past weekend

Blog 060507


Another decent weekend overall.

The bad was that I cancelled on WW Philly. My friends gave me some static on it but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.

I have a situation were my washing machine drain is backed up pretty badly. Since I’m totally ignorant on plumbing it has me kind of worried. It’s a really weird set up that may be fixed cheaply or it could be expensive. It’s added to my worry about Philly in case it is expensive to fix. Remedies from my friends ranged from possible expensive fixes like a new dry well to the ridiculous – just hook a hose up and have it drain into your backyard. Yeah, that last one was a serious suggestion.

My dad’s birthday was Sunday. A bunch of us were at the homestead for good chow and cheer. I was surprised that half sheet cake was $25.00! At least I got it $12.00 after a ‘gold coin’. My local supermarket has a random thing where you press a button to win coins that give you savings. Recently I’ve won 2 reds, 1 blue and 1 gold. Nobody wins gold because that the big winner. My parents have been shopping there for years and have never won a gold coin. I also bought a small ice cream cake for the party. It went over well. It only had the diameter of about a grown man’s spread hand. That cost $10.00. I got it for $5 using my red coin.

I’m painting the floors at work part of this week in prep for a company bigwig coming next week. It’s not a bad gig overall. To listen to my co-worker though you think he was assigned to murder people instead of painting. Even when the supervisor said he wouldn’t put the guy on the same detail tonight the guy kept going on and on. He just wouldn’t let it go even though the situation was solved. The same guy’s pretty weird. He’s a bit of a dick actually. He was hired as a packer. That’s all he wants to do or he bitches – badly! I almost told him ‘why would an employer want to keep you? You have totally limited skills.’ But I let it go. The guy’s stuck in his ways. He told me how his old supervisor at his old job treated him like shit until my now co-worker quit. That took 7 years. But it sounded more like my current co-worker was a bit of a deadbeat than a beneficial employee.

I’ve gotten some more inking done on the comic. It’s coming along slowly but surely. For me, the front cover is usually the hardest. Sometimes but not often I get a really clear image of what I want. That’s not the case this time. It’ll be the last thing I draw I suspect.

I’ve been on the internet too much lately. It comes and goes in spurts. Lately I’ve been hitting comic book forums talking about New Excalibur by Marvel Comics. I want to like the title so much but it’s not happening. Now my all-time favorite writer is leaving the title. Unfortunately, I haven’t enjoyed his writing for some time which really gets me down. I like a number of his newer concepts but his execution of those concepts leaves me wanting. Maybe I’ve just gotten use to all his tricks and he has nothing new to say to me. In any case, it’s a total downer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Um, what's wrong with letting your laundry water drain into your backyard? People do it all the time.

Like to prevent holding tanks from filling up too quickly here in the country...

You're such a snob and my grass has never been greener. :-P

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home