Sunday, May 20, 2007

Turbulent week

Blog 052005


What a week.

I walked out of work Monday and took the next day off. I couldn’t believe that I still felt shitty after I had woken up. My stomach was still in turmoil and I was muttering about my job using swears and curses for a number of hours.

I did do some nice drawings though trying to alleviate the stress within me.

Other things in random order:

My baseball team should finally win its first match-up this week. I’m sitting in 10th out of 10 teams and there’s already pretty much no way I can finish in first this year as my team is already 35 games behind first place. I still may make the play-off’s and win the World Series though. We still have something like 17 weeks to play.

On a whim I signed in to AIM looking to talk to a friend of mine. I was surprised to find Elodie on instead. I hadn’t seen or heard from Elodie in months. I wasn’t even sure it was her but I gave her a shout. I’m happy to say that she gave me permission to use a poem she had posted to her blog awhile back that I rather liked. So that was a nice and cool.

Work got better later in the week. I had an interesting conversation with a co-worker. I was surprised by what she had to say and I felt pretty bad for her. If she lets me, I’ll try and help but she has to let me. We’ll see what happens.

Got to see my friend Rob from California a couple of times this week. Him and Dwain showed up and I showed them the Wii. We had some good chow later in the day. Later that week I went over to Dwain’s because Rob is staying there. They played a lot of Xbox 360 and then a group of us went to eat at Pizzeria Uno’s. I was on a limited budget and when I read that bacon on my burger cost $2 I nixed that idea. Turns out that after tipping and paying, I had exactly $2 in my wallet to go me for a couple of days. Whew! Glad I passed on the bacon.

While we were there I was stuck in between Rob and Trailer Park Trash. They started bitching because I couldn’t stop shaking my leg. So out came all sorts of comments from ‘good beat’ to ‘playing the drums’, to sexual innuendo. After some food I finally stopped shaking my leg.

I almost sort of choked on a French fry. I inhaled a as I was putting the fry into my mouth and a particle from it landed on the side of my throat. It was one of those irritants that eventually brought tears to my eyes because it was so scratchy. So while I was in no jeopardy of choking and dying, I kept coughing trying to get the particle off the side of my throat. Even after I had dislodged it through eating and drinking the remnants of half the table’s drinks, my throat was all still irritated for most of the rest of the night.

I checked into work an hour late after that and stayed 2 hours extra trying to make up time. I got home at 9am, stayed up til 10 doing internet stuff and then sleep for about 5 hours. I then got up and went to work for 12 hours. I guess a number of people from the crew went to the bar in the morning (Saturday) but I said screw that. I was in bed and asleep by 9am. In the end, despite missing most of Monday and all of Tuesday I should finish the week with 30 hours. But I really needed that time off. I was ready to quit and thinking seriously of taking the lay-off when I left.

I guess my co-workers really were wondering if I was going to come back after skipping Tuesday after leaving early. LOL!

During staying for over-time I got to talk with a few co-workers that I don’t normally get too much time with. It’s surprising to hear their comments on other workers from our crew. Some people on our shift aren’t as popular as they think they are. Other popular ones are considered good people but screwed up. I’m usually pretty neutral in such affairs. Unless someone screws me or treats me badly, I usually have no problem with them. Most of the people on my shift treat me pretty well but I can tell that with spending enough time with some of them, our now friendly relationships will deteriorate.

I will have to give my co-worker some shit. I kept asking her if she was going to the bar with the others. She kept insisting that she wasn’t because she had her son this weekend. I was a little late getting out of work and happened to see her driving down the same road as the bar. Could be that’s the way she goes home so I’ll have to be sneaky in asking about her. Then I’ll lay into her if I find out she went. J

Work was okay later in the week. My boss put me on jobs other than stamping because we have so many people coming in for over-time. I appreciate it. I seem to be in good with my boss which is cool. Friday night my co-worker and I finished our tasks early with about an hour to go. He told us to go take it easy for the rest of the night. We’re both pretty hard workers so we helped out some guys cleaning so they wouldn’t be stuck running in high gear right at the end of the night.

The crush was working nearby. Her CD of rap started skipping a couple of different time and it was quite an amusing addition to the songs.

Some punks ripped my mailbox out of the ground last night. I think I may have heard them do it as I heard several voices outside my house late at night. I wasn’t sure if it was my neighbors who sometimes get drunk in their driveway so I didn’t investigate. During the day I noticed 4 boys around middle school or high school freshmen age walk by my house. I had never seen them before and I never saw they walk back. My paranoia says it was them on their return trip.

I guess after review I had a fairly busy week. It certainly had its up’s and down’s. Work sucked A LOT at the beginning of the week. I’m am thankful that Sara and Wendy were there to give me a pick-up when I really needed it.

Last night I was in an altered state. What I mean by this is that I was somewhat exhausted and I couldn’t tell if I was asleep or not when I had what I guess was a dream. It could have been me ‘day dreaming’ new stories but I think it was a dream. The dream was essentially my super-heroine Holly driving up a large hill on a thin road. This area was no lit and had lots of dense forest on all sides. Occasionally, like every half-mile or more was an industrial business that was mostly hidden by the trees. Pretty much there was just suddenly a chainlink fence gate in between two trees that marked the entrance and only the very tops of the buildings could be seen. There were no lights on and it was late evening. Holly was driving up towards the crest of the hill. There was suppose to be something there but I’m not sure what – maybe a rest stop or something. The road was well paved but thin. The branches of the trees blocked most of the view of the sky. If another car were to come down the hill each car would probably have one set of wheels off the pavement while passing one another. Holly’s car started having trouble and she had to pull over. Originally it was car trouble but then it may have been just lack of gas. She hadn’t seen anyone else around, hadn’t passed another car in some time and civilization was miles behind and she wasn’t sure if anybody was ahead of her.

A lot of things are fuzzy because at some point I had woken or at least gotten up to piss. I know I tried to work the story in my head because it was really creepy feeling – hot girl lost at night on a lonely mountain road. There was no super powers in this dream and Holly was a normal person. What made it creepy was the setting and the evil that humanity could do to one another. Holly was worried about her car as she walked back the way she came and planned to hide from any car that may have come by. A car did come by and it was full of teenagers – four or five. One was the prime evil dude. He was maybe 16 while the others were younger like 14. I can recall story options of attacking Holly and at least handcuffing her hands behind her back as they drove to her to who knows where. The kid was skinny dressed in black except for a white long sleeved shirt under a black t-shirt. He was shorter than Holly who is 5’10 in my stories and was wearing knee high spiked heel boots in the dream. She kept to the road instead of walking in the woods in the dark and spraining an ankle. He also wore a black knit cap like teenagers do these days.

There are some things I’m forgetting and the story never ended as I woke up or feel asleep. Holly was never raped or anything but I think she was punched in the mouth giving her a fat lip. She escaped at one point trying to run and hide with her hands cuffed behind her. I may or may not flesh out this story. We’ll see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

About the mailbox thing, I HATE teenagers. They are such fucking morons... When I was a teenager, I would never do stupid things like that.

I skipped school a few times, made out with my boyfriends, you know... I never hurt anyone!

Kids today are just little shitheads with no respect. They need it smacked into them, I think.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home