Monday, April 23, 2007

Some stuff and crush update

Blog 042307

Haven’t written for awhile because I’ve been working a lot. For the foreseeable future, I have to expect that I’ll be working 6 days a week, 8 hours a day. While the extra money is helpful it also kind of sucks. Working the night crew of 11pm to 7am I rally have no full day off. I get out now Sunday morning at 7am and go back to work Monday night at 11pm. Sunday I only slept about 4 hours and that was interrupted by at least 3 phone calls maybe as many as five. It really sucked.

I think my crush on my co-worker is starting to wane a bit. While she’s friendly to me, that’s about it. So that’s a bit of a bummer. I did find out that she lives literally two minutes from me. There are some red flags that tell me I shouldn’t get overly involved with her but her not responding much to my flirtations and such are the main reason for my losing interest. It’s too bad because there is a lot I like about her.

I certainly picked the wrong lines today at the stores I went to. I think I literally spent as much time waiting in lines as I did shopping. At Circuit City I got stuck behind a customer trying to return over $1000 of merchandise that they had bought the previous day and had paid over 90% by check. The guy threw a semi-hissy fit and walked out leaving his wife/girlfriend there to deal with things. His voice wasn’t really loud but you could see by his hand gestures that he was annoyed. He was speaking in Spanish so I couldn’t tell what he was saying. I think I waited over 5 minutes or more for another cashier to come over and help out.

I then went to Stop N Shop for groceries. Of the two lines I saw I made the mistake of getting into the line that had no bagger to help, a slower cashier and a lady with her cart filled like a mountain range. As I watched the other lane I finally hopped in it after 3 customers were able to pay and get through after I had gotten in my line. I finally hopped over and paid and got out. The original lady I was behind still had anywheres from half to one third of her stuff to still check-out. I think I waited in that line for like 4 or 5 minutes.

So I hop over to Big Y to pick up a couple of more groceries that were better buys. I hop into the 12 items or less express lane behind this lady checking out. She wants a rain check for vanilla extract and the cashier was a bit unsure how to do it. So that takes like 3 or 4 minutes. Man! I couldn’t win.

I sorta felt good the other night at work. I was stamping which isn’t my favorite thing to do but it is my job. The older Vietnamese guy that I had trained the previous week was scheduled to do the job I trained him for. Well, I guess it didn’t go well. I was kicked off of stamping just before lunch and told to help the older guy. He was really behind and was screwing things up like mixing different types of golf balls pretty good. The guy that takes the orders to the stampers was pretty upset. When I asked him if he needed an order filled right away he barked out of frustration , “I don’t give a damn, I’m going to lunch.” I rather laughed at this. It wasn’t towards me but how the night was going.

I did splurge and buy a modest mp3 player today. It’s a little 1 gig Sony Walkman with FM tuner for a total of $40. It’s for work because I don’t have a radio that I can use there. I was also hesitant about buying an Ipod because I didn’t want the added cost of downloading music. Of course, I’m fairly ignorant on Ipod tech so I may have that wrong. So I’m going to end this here and check out my mp3 player.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home