Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Oh, wu-u-un-der-ful....

Blog 032107

I’ve figured out why I’m having dreams about work. In these dreams I’m told or find out that my work isn’t done and that it has to be done before I leave. These dreams are so real that I wake up almost getting out of bed to hurry to work only to realize that it is a dream and that I often have 6 to 8 hours before I have to be to work.

This morning I really think I’ve discovered why I’m having these dreams. It’s because of my co-worker. My job is to have a several tables loaded and ready, two orders deep of golf balls for the on-coming shift. Pretty much, it’s about 12 feet of table. My co-worker’s job is to have the orders ready at the stamping machines. He has two carts for every stamping machine. He pulls the golf balls from my tables to put on his carts to bring to the stampers. So today, and pretty much every night, I have my area looking perfect for the next on first shift with 15 to 10 minutes left on our shift. Today, and like other days, my co-worker then runs over at the last minute with anywhere from 2 to 5 carts and puts a lot of holes in my supplies. So his area looks acceptable and my area looks like shit. It really drives me nuts. Sometimes I’m able to reload my area but most often, like today, I left with at least 3 areas needing to be reloaded. There were probably more because my co-worker was still working after we had all left and the next shift was arriving.

My co-worker is a decent guy and a hard worker. He also seems pretty intelligent. What I am not understanding is how he is coming to my area several times a week at the last minute to reload his carts. He blames it on the people at the stamp machines working until the last minute. I’m not sure that holds water with me because I’m a stamper and most of them seem to stop well before 15 minutes before the end of the shift. Maybe it’s just a log jam at the end? Or maybe he gets flustered because of being tired at the end of the night with a sudden jolt of work? I don’t know. I just know that I often leave my area with gapping wholes despite having the place looking the way it’s suppose to be by work standards 15 minutes before I leave for home. It shouldn’t matter much longer. Next week the new guy is supposed to start I believe and I will go back to stamping. Of course, I’ll feel sorry for the new guy when my co-worker decimates his area 5 to 10 minutes before we are allowed to leave for home.

My brother came home last night and from his body language alone I could tell something was up. Since it was his evening with the kids I was fairly certain the ex had done something. Unfortunately, I was right.

The story starts with my brother’s ex taking the kids on vacation. This vacation was supposed to be going to Niagara Falls and to see some rich uncle in Ohio. Well, they couldn’t find Niagara Falls. How you can NOT find Niagara Falls yet find the rich uncle’s home in Ohio is beyond me. The more likely truth is that the ‘vacation’ was never really about Niagara Falls. It was more likely just like the trip to Tennessee with a pit stop to Graceland that was really a long distance booty call to a guy met over the internet. And the trip to Graceland turned into propping my niece out in front of the gate for a picture and telling my niece it was too expensive to go inside. Then there was the trip to Maine to stay at the doctor’s house that my brother’s ex does medical transcriptions for. Yeah. Uh-huh. Okay. Well, apparently they did finally find Niagara Falls on the trip home. Of course, it was after my brother’s young son told him on the phone that they couldn’t find it on the way done. They had found the river and a gift shop though. I may be over dramatic here but it really breaks my heart and makes my gut turn to see time after time the kids promised something by their ‘mother’ only to have her bail on the promise. She’s a real piece of shit of a human being. And nobody’s heard of this rich uncle before. My brother never heard of him while they had been married for ten years.

So finally, cut back to last night. I could tell my brother needed to vent so I told him ‘what’s up? I can tell something’s wrong.’

Turns out that during the night his daughter had told him that they are moving to Ohio and that they were checking out houses while they were there. And it wasn’t maybe they are moving but that they are moving there July 4th. So after some venting he told me he’d probably get a call from the ex now that he actually knows about this. So he goes to use the bathroom and not even 20 seconds later the phone rings and it’s the ex. He had to call her back because I sure and hell wasn’t going into the bathroom while he was defecating. So he got on the phone with her and walked outside. He came in later and went to the loft. I never heard him say a word. It seemed like he was on the phone for 20 minutes. Afterwards he came down and played some violent video games to vent more. I didn’t ask about the conversation with her. Sometime later he mentioned that she was backpedaling about the whole thing and that she isn’t leaving. Rightfully so, he doesn’t trust. After all, she only cheated on him and later was the one to ask for the divorce. And then she tried to get him through DSS and even claimed he was sexually abusing his daughter after he wouldn’t take her back after the divorce.

I fully believe that she totally intends to move away because she has wanted to do so before. It also comes at a time where my niece seems to want to have a real family life again. She’s probably sick of raising her brother because that’s what she does. Oh yeah, my niece is either 12 or 13. 12 I think. And yes, she raises her younger brother. She’s complained about how often ‘mom’ has to go to school every night and work and this and that. Did I forget to mention that my 6 year old nephew has to do his own laundry?

I don’t know how many times my brother’s ex has burned her bridges with her own mother who abandoned her at a young age. She keeps trying to get her mother back in her life and it’s always disaster. She gave up on her father and his new family and her half-sister. She gave up her first child like it was a bag of garbage to be thrown away at the earliest convenience even claiming it was my brother’s when it wasn’t. So now, out of the blue, she has an uncle. Not just any uncle but a rich uncle. How nice it must be to be that uncle. Some woman that’s never been in his life suddenly shows up and probably looking for support because that’s the kind of person my brother’s ex is. People aren’t human to her. People are a means to an end to her. And that’s why she’ll always be the miserable non-trusting fuck that she is. It just really blows that my niece and nephew have to be on the front lines of that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Sometimes you just need a house to fall on a person, ya know?

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home