Monday, April 30, 2007

Sunday woes and busy start to a new week

Blog 043007

Busy boy today.

I didn’t ant to do one fairly important task so I did every other task so I wouldn’t have time to do the real task I should’ve done. So today I did: the wash, both washing machine & dryer and then folded and put away clothes, vacuumed the house, mopped the bathroom, kitchen, and part of the living room, write out five bills, wrote out letter and packaged hard copy of the comic to send out for review, changed the sheets on my bed, removed the winterizing plastic from my windows, cashed my paycheck from last week, did this week’s grocery shopping and organized my budget for the week. I was able to save money to put towards Wizard World Philly! Sweet!

Last night I loaded up my submission for challenge four of CBR’s Project Runway. Not sure how long I’ll last. Every week I’m in the bottom three for getting votes. When had to make super-villains based on the months of the year. I ended up with September because I pretty much got last pick.

My artwork for the entry is here:

http://www.comicspace.com/jamesroberts/comics.php?action=read&file_id=90121

And the background info is here:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=173141&page=4

I couldn’t sleep Sunday. I was jealous. A male co-worker went home with my crush. It could have been a totally innocent thing but I was still jealous. So I was up over 24 hours straight. I finally fell asleep when I didn’t want to - 7pm Sunday night. I wanted only a quick nap of half an hour but my brother made sure to keep waking me up. In the end, I went to sleep around 2am Sunday morning.

I did get some more inking done on the comic and it came out pretty decent. I was trying to vent by drawing and it worked somewhat. I’m no where near as jealous today but it still sorta stings a little. That’s life.

My two friends I’ve been consulting must be sick of me! I keep bothering them for advice! Then again, maybe there are enjoying seeing me squirm and on the chase.

Oh yeah, work sucked Saturday night. The previous shift had a lot on inexperienced people doing important jobs for keeping the job flow going. It looked like a bomb hit the place. The 2nd shift supervisor screwed up by letting non-qualified people sign up for over-time and trying to half-ass teach them to do it when qualified people with less time at the company were passed over. The guy that won the OT bid admitted he didn’t know the job at all. The 2nd shift supervisor seems to be an idiot. This is also the second or third time second shift has left the place a total shithole on a Saturday O.T. day. I ran my ass off trying to fix things and keep the work flow going but those bastards take the easiest orders to fill leaving me with crap to work with. It was real nice of them to have orders started on the table with zero balls ready to go that need to be specially treated before they can be used.

My heating bill was nice and small. It was $80 less than what I had budgeted for it which was terrific. Since I had already put the money in my checking by a few hours – I wasn’t expecting the heating bill to come today – I’ll just keep the surplus in my account instead of spending it. Somewhere down the road I’ll pay a small bill here and there that’ll gobble up the extra money in the account.

Fatigue is starting to set in. I’ll be taking a nap shortly before work so that I don’t pass out during the night.

Oh yeah, when I was buying luncheon meats from the deli during my grocery shopping, the lady in front of me ordered 5 slices of cheese. 5 SLICES! WTF?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home