Wednesday, August 22, 2007

a dream of death & music at work

Blog 082207

Crazy ass dream the other night. I think it was influenced by work. We had a meeting that went over the rules of work through a powerpoint slide show. It talked about sexual harassment and some other stuff. On almost four consecutive slides, one of my female co-workers made a comment to me about engaging in such behavior. The next morning I had a dream. In this dream I was in jail in a small room of execution. I was to be hanged by the neck until dead. I was accused of murder. I was innocent but there was no reprieve. There weren’t many people in the room and it was fairly small. There was maybe a desk or something for me to stand on and maybe two other people, possibly a third. The room was either rectangular or octagonal. The old western style noose was put around my neck. I wore no hood. I told them ‘you’re hanging an innocent man’. It was more for an “I told you so” deal than anything else. I also remember choking out a ‘momma’ or something and crying. It was similar to the scene from Private Ryan when the medic dies after the machine gun nest ambush. And then I was hung. I was really surprised that I died in my own dream and stayed asleep and the dream continued. I didn’t feel any pain and seemed to be pulled from my body before I ever felt the snap of my neck. I caught a quick glimpse of the room and floated up through the ceiling. I could see and hear things as I floated off higher and higher through the sky and eventually into space! As I closed in on the moon there was a growing light that eventually was almost blinding. It felt like a movie scene changing to a new location and I knew I was in Heaven after that. PHEW! Heaven was quite like Earth. I was walking or floating through the streets of a nice looking city. San Fransico entered my head and the streets were a bit above a large bay with sail boats and crystal clear skies in the distance. It was a perfect sunny summer’s day with a wonderful temperature and it felt like this was the weather every day. I passed a couple of people here and there and everything felt happy and safe in this community. I came across an artist sitting on a curb with a drawing board and some supplies around him. It was my favorite comic artist Alan Davis. He was a young man but he didn’t look anything like he should. He had long brown hair down to his lower shoulder blades and a thin beard and brown eyes. He reminded me more of my niece’s boyfriend than my favorite artist. We sat down and started working on making comics. Somehow I knew a bunch of info or something about him and even questioned how I could know this info since we’ve never met. He mentioned something maybe even agreeing with me about it but I can’t recall it totally. I woke up shortly thereafter.

At work it’s come to the reasoning that I murder and hide the bodies on my land and in my basement. This has stemmed from a lot of joshing from my female co-workers. So that’s where I came to be on death row. At least I was totally innocent. And I went to Heaven thank god. But I was really surprised that I literally died in my own dream and that it continued on.

Other news is that I worked at my buddy’s tore this past morning. They had a fun message on their machine about a guy claiming he was going to spend $50 there but the store was closed. The store was closed an hour early because the guy running it went home after a total income of $9 for the day.

I was able to play my mp3 player over a radio at work for my co-workers to hear. My mp3 player has a bunch of stuff on it including movie sound tracks (Star Wars and Star Trek), a TON of Rob Zombie, Nirvana, Zeppelin, and then a bunch of hits from 1977 and 1974 mostly being stuff everyone knows. It seems to have gone over decently. It sucks when people think your interests suck but that was not the case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home