Monday, August 20, 2007

The usual, decent weekend, boring week & dreams

Blog 072007

The weekend was decent. Saturday sucked in some ways though.

I got out of work Saturday morning. It wasn’t the greatest night of work and the last job I had was driving me nuts so I was really ready to go home. After some Call of Duty 2 I took a nap for a bout 2 or 2 and ½ hours. It seemed to make things worse. I felt more exhausted than before I had gone to sleep. Still, I showered and gave a call to my buddy at the comic shop. Seems my Nemesis was there as the only player for Heroclix. I wanted to play cribbage with my buddy so I told him I’d be down in 20.

Nemesis was in fine prick form this Saturday. The last couple of meetings between us hadn’t been all that bad but not this Saturday. I can’t recall doing anything particular to set him off so I guess he just decided to start shit. Seems he got all mad after I chopped up one of his dudes for 8 clicks in one attack. After that, he seemed snippy and only go t worse. Of course, I did notice that when he put the map down he gave me the shitty side so that my dudes would have to crawl through a bunch of crap first while his guys had free range to move into an advantageous position but I didn’t call him on that. And as usual, he pulls his rules lawyering crap to help win. They recently introduced a number of revised rules through a new rulebook in a new starter set. I believe the rules are also on-line. I don’t play the game that much anymore and didn’t look them up to see if things had changed but as usual with Heroclix, they did. So I got busted by some rules changes I was ignorant to and got beat. I didn’t really care though. Throughout the game I was talking to my friends and walking away from the game table when it wasn’t my turn. Maybe that pissed the guy off, who knows. But he pulled his usual shit of “I’m superior because I know the rules better than you’ which is really pathetic. Of course, this is the same guy that probably lost a girlfriend over his Heroclix addiction and literally cried when the same girlfriend mixed up his dice. I’m serious about that last one. LOL! I only wish I had been there to witness it.

So my friend Tony sets up the cribbage board right next to me as I’m finishing up the Heroclix game. Neither of us bothered to ask the Nemesis to play. But Nemesis apparently had nothing else to do and wouldn’t leave. He wandered around the store and picked up a few comics to buy. He sat at the table and watched us play. He made a couple of comments towards me about the cribbage game but I didn’t care. I was extremely tired and missing points in the cribbage game. Tony swiped I think 20 points from me over a couple of games because I was missing obvious stuff right in front of me. Hell, I had trouble adding up the cards to announce the total of the cards that I placed on the table! But we had fun with it and laughed over it.

At one point Tony offered me his remaining French fries from his lunch. I took them and had one and placed them off to my side. I probably should’ve punched Nemesis out because without saying or asking anything he reaches over, opened the styro-foam container and took a couple out. I immediately pushed them all towards him and said, “I don’t want the fucking things now.”

A guy came in asking about selling comics and then about selling Heroclix. Tony said some general things and I asked what figures the kid had. He mentioned one character that I felt wasn’t worth much and told the kid why. So Nemesis jumps in with some comment like, ‘sure, Jim’ or something trying to embarrass me. The customer seemed to pay him no mind.

So after about an hour that included watching us play for quite awhile, Nemesis left. We had ignored him the whole time and the only time Tony talked to him was when the kid tried to start a conversation with him. He did talk about the super-hero show that he’s part of at Six Flags. He kept mentioning that Cheetah was hot. I told him I hope he wasn’t referring to the male Cheetah from Wonder Woman comics. I later asked Tony if we hurt his feelings by not asking him to play and Tony reply with a sly smirk, ‘oh, yeah.’ Nobody’s a real fan of this kid and I’m happy to say that my friends rally around me and like me better than him. They’ve also bought into my mantra that Nemesis justifies his life through winning at Heroclix.

So Heroclix was fairly suckles, cribbage was fu and talking to my friends was fun. Nemesis is back on my shit list.

I got home around 8pm and played Call of Duty 2 until around 10:30pm so that I wasn’t going to bed at 9pm on a Saturday night.

Sunday moring I slept late. I kept going back to sleep even though I woke up around 8am. I didn’t want to get up. I finally got up around 10am.

After some internet stuff I headed down to Enfield, CT to a comic shop I had visited some weeks before. They had these great statues of Marvel Comics figures and I had some extra money so I wanted to buy some. I believe they are made by Eaglemoss in England or at least distributed by them. I’m not an action figure fan but I really love a lot of these statues so I ended up buying three even though I wanted at least three more if not six more! They stand about 4 inches tall and have a felt base. The designs are really terrific and they remind me of exquisite chess pieces. I ended up buying the Silver Surfer, Storm, and Nightcrawler. I think Iron Man, Dr. Doom and Black Panther are next. Black Panther looks awesome and I already regret not buying him. So I have a new thing to collect so that should add some fun to the comic shop visit. My buddy’s shop doesn’t carry them for some reason. They might if I ask for them.

I decided I need a display case for the figures though because if I put them anywhere in my living room the fucking cat will knock them over. I still get depressed over the loss of my favorite incense burner that was a gift from my parents. I don’t want the same thing to happen to my little Marvel statues. I’m not sure what they are made of but a decent fall seems like it could damage them pretty good and I have wood floors in my living room. I checked a few places on line and there are some really nice wall display cases. Unfortunately they all start around $280 and are usually quite a bit higher! I think I found an acceptable acrylic case (i.e. plastic) for around $180 and around $30 for shipping. Since I plan I getting any where from 6 to more figurines I want a decent sized case.

I saw the new Simpsons movie and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I laughed quite a bit. This is good since the movie is a comedy.

I had a cool dream this morning. I forgot one of them which sucks although I recall it being decent when I first woke up. The parts of one that I do remember had me in the middle of winter with a fair amount of snow on the ground. I was hanging out at Old Boston Road where it connects to Boston Road in Wilbraham. There’s a small bridge there that goes over a single set of railroad tracks. However, where Old Boston Road was there was instead two sets of railroad tracks although they were pretty much hidden by the snow.

I was scurrying about the bridge waiting for trains to come by but instead a whole bunch of skaters and cross country skiers came up the tracks. The snow was packed hard enough to skate on or there was ice just underneath the surface. They skated/skied past me but the road ends in a ninety degree turn and then over the bridge to Boston Road. So at Boston Road they all turned around and went back down. A couple of people said a thing or two to me, nice polite talk and I think I may have woken up. No trains really came by but odd vehicles like tractors and cars made to run on railroad tracks did. There were only about 3 or 4 and they were intermittent. A flatbed truck came by with a mashed or disabled car. It stopped at the bridge intersection and this crazy looking tractor came along and gave it a push to get the truck going. The truck then drove up on the flatbed and they both drove off. The tractor was yellow and looked sort like an old farming tractor that had almost huge wings on the very back of it. These were actually stabilizing weights to keep the tractor steady as it pushed heavy things along. The wings could then fold up or spin looking like a tail fin on the tractor so that it could drive up on the flatbed.

I was disappointed that few or no trains every came by so all of a sudden, there was a train!

Then I had more of a panoramic view and the dream sort of took on a TV documentary show feel as it announced the history of the train and the railroad and it followed the train along the landscape. The whole thing was on tressells and insane hills. The train leaned so much at one point because of slanted tracks that people feared a roll over and ‘oooh’ed and ahh’ed’ over every curve. And everything had sort of a train set feel to it. During the night before I went to sleep I was looking up display cases and was thinking about maybe getting one for my brother for his trains for Christmas.

After the train thing I hopped on a train and rode around in a passenger seat. But the train was more like a long distance bus! My friend and his family were there. I haven’t seen them in years, maybe even 10 years! My back was facing the back of the bus/train though so I kind of had a shitty view. The train became a bus as we backed into a bus hub and got off. The bus stopped by actually slowly backing into the wall of the building! The wall had a protective foam covering though and this was standard procedure for parking the bus. I got off the bus and gave a two dollar tip to the woman that announced everything. It was all I had except for a five dollar bill! And then I learned the trip was to last for another 2 or three days! GAH! And then I woke up.

Work will be interesting this week. Our boss, who we pretty much all love because he’s laid back and cool is off for vacation. The other bosses are decent (in my opinion) but there’s always that ‘will they be a dick to us?’ feeling when they have to cover our shift. I can’t recall the last time the crush worked a full week. This past week she worked 3 days. I wonder if she’ll work a whole week this week .She usually only works Tuesday thru Thursdays regularly taking off Mondays and Fridays. Actually, I’m surprised she still has a job considering the number of absenceses she has.

Nice rumors that’ll hopefully come true is that Top Flite will be calling more people back to my original room/job. They are introducing some new products and should need workers to fill out the shifts. They just called back a person per shift last week. I think it’s getting pretty close to my name coming up. The good news for me is that a number of people still ahead of me don’t want to go back fearing lay-off’s in a couple of months. A number of people ahead of me that took the lay-off originally bid on other jobs within the plant to get off unemployment so I think that should help me out also. Here’s for hoping!

Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home