Sunday, August 12, 2007

Once again a decent weekend & biker dude!

Blog 081207

Another good solid weekend.

This week at work was quite decent overall. Monday and Tuesday were virtually free money days as we did inventory again. We just did it ourselves but this was the once a year hardcore inventory. I guess when it was all said and done we were $18 off from what we were suppose to have as a department.

I recently bought a new pair of sneakers. They look really cool being a base white with black trim and highlights and black laces. I got them at a JC Penny’s outlet store for $30 instead of the original $55. They are the first pair of white sneakers that I have bought in maybe 15 years. I’m not kidding. I always buy black sneakers.

My Sporty Spice lesbian co-workers LOVES my new sneakers. She kept making comments about them and looks at them whenever I wear them. I can remember thinking that she probably would like them more than me when I bought them. The other night at work she said I have marathon calves and she was checking me out while we were both at lunch. About twenty minutes after lunch she comes over to my area I think just to see me. She tells me she’s got to try them on. I shake my head because I could tell this was coming. She’s maybe 5’8 and I’m 5’9 so have a relatively close foot size. An older co-worker just watched in bewilderment as I kicked off my sneakers and Sporty Spice stepped into them. She stomped about for around 10 seconds or so before ditching my sneaks, donning her grubby old ones and heading off back to her station.

The next night she called in and she has missed so much time that I really don’t know if she even has a job anymore. It will be somewhat depressing if she goes. She’s a fun kid although she seems to make some really bad decisions in life matters.

Friday night/Saturday morning I got out of work and headed up with the family to my uncle’s place. He lives on a nice pond in the Berkshires surrounded by rich people that own vacation homes around him. We had a decent time there and good chow. I tried to paint the scenery but I really suck at painting so it came out terrible. It looks like something a 8th grader might do. I started a charcoal pencil drawing of the pond and trees and that started out nice but lost steam the more I added to it. I really stink at drawing landscapes.

Everyone keep telling me to take a nap while I was there. Because we were late and I knew we would only be there for maybe 2 hours I was getting pissed with this suggestion. The only thing that kinda sucked is that I wanted to take the rowboat out onto the pond but missed out on it. My brother took it to take his son fishing. We he can back we all had lunch. Soon after we left. I had hoped to play cribbage too but that didn’t happen. But that wasn’t a priority. I just wish we had spent more time there.

After arriving home after the hour plus road trip I took a quick nap of about 15 minutes. I then headed down to the comic store and taught my buddy cribbage the best I could. I have some questions on scoring that I hope so more experienced players can clear up for me. We’ll see.

I asked my brother what time he was having his son’s birthday party the next day. 10 am. Ouch! Other than some 20 minute naps I hadn’t had an hour’s sleep since before 5pm the previous day. And I asked just before 11pm. Gah! I ended up waking up at 9:30am and ran out the front door as I heard him leaving for my parents’ place. I told him as I stood there in a pair of shorts I had hurried jumped into that I would be there.

The birthday party was pretty benign. I didn’t really care for the birthday cake (a rarity!) or the cake my mom had made earlier during the week just to eat. I had a scoop of Black Raspberry ice cream and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream. What a breakfast! Ugh! I’m not 8 anymore.

I took a walk up to the backfields of my parents land. I can’t recall the last time I took a walk of their 5 acres. My brother-in-law followed on his family’s small dirt bike. My brother had cut a bunch of trails in the field bushes so that our neighbors and we could putz around. The shrubbery and growth is thick and like a jungle that comes up to a man’s chest. My brother-in-law asked if I wanted to drive the bike around. It’s only a 125 I think meaning it’s small and essentially a started motorcycle. I hadn’t been on a bicycle in years. I hadn’t been on a motorcycle in maybe 20 years! So I got some quick instructions, stalled the bike on the first attempt to let out the clutch and rather wobbily, drove off. I didn’t crash or stall the bike out again but I was all over the place as I drove around. Yeah, I was definitely beginner status when it came to riding. But it was rather fun and I shall probably try it again the next time I’m up there.

The rest of Sunday was average. I mowed my lawn late in the day because it was hot. I also watched the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre on DVD. It’s one of my all time favorite movies. I also did some grocery shopping on the way home from my parents. The store didn’t have the 4 for $10 of Kellog’s Frosted Mini-Wheats so I have to try there again tomorrow. Frosted Mini-Wheats are one of my favorite cereals. I did score my 4 for $10 big boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios though.

Tonight is an annual meteor shower, the Perseid or something. It’s suppose to be cloudy at the height of the shower but I’m going to scan the skies a little later after posting this. It’s 11:38 pm as I write this.

I had a crazy dream this morning. I only recall bits and pieces of things. There was a lot about ants. They ranched from normal size to dog-sized to giant sized. I was moving around a city either killing them or fleeing from them. I dreamt about my neighbor’s pond. I was walking around it looking for frogs. I had a white bath towel with me that I was dangling around frogs seeing what they would do. One bit the towel and wouldn’t let go. I finally shook him off I believe. Most of the frogs just jumped into the water as I approached. They were big, but normal sized bull frogs. The only male I found was the one to bite the towel. When I first found him he had his lower jaw/throat fat and wide and full of air like frogs do.

One of my female Russian co-workers stopped to talk to me at the pond. She was wearing a police officer’s uniform. It was one of those all dark blue ones. It had someone else’s name on it and I knew it was a guy. She had just joined the force and a used uniform was the cheapest way to go.

I made my way unto to my neighbor’s house from the pond and entered the kitchen via the garage. I talked to the mother of my neighbor for awhile since we hadn’t seen each other in some time. I thin we were talking about ants. That may have led into me dreaming about the ants but I am unsure.

So it’s been a decent if tiring weekend. Monday showed be decent during the day. I believe my only chores are a load of wash, check the grocery store and buy an Christmas gift for my niece while it’s on-sale this week.

Really tired now so I’m done with this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home