Monday, January 02, 2006

The New Year

The start of the new year was pretty boring for me. I sat home with my brother and watched a movie and DVDs. I don't drink so it's not much of a holiday for me. Not big on being around a bunch of drunk people when I'm sober either.

Whew! A $278 heating bill for one month. Ouch. And Janurary and Feburary ought to be colder than December so terrific. And the electric bill is going up by one-third because of deregulation. The goofy part is, the deregulation by politicians was suppose to create competition. Well, it's pretty hard to get a better price when companies divide up terrirtories. So my electric company is the only game in town like it or not. To get a different company, I have to move. It's the same with cable. Comcast and Charter have the area divided up. Depending on what town you live in, you have one or the other and cannot get the other.

I'm kinda glad the holiday season is over. I love it but it's so distracting. Now I can get down to getting back on track with the Necropolis Chronicles comic and finish off issue two. Between my friends having work off because of the holidays and the holidays themselves I pretty much got nothing done on the comic. I did finish writting the first issue of a two issue arc. It's all in longhand though.

The house is really starting to be a home now. With Christmas over, many boxes were removed and the area where the Christmas tree was is now filled with home theater stuff. By putting the home theater stuff there walkways were emptied and a 27" TV was removed from the kitchen table. There's still some boxes in pockets of the house but it's so much nicer now.

Saw Harry Potter 4. Wasn't quite as good as I had hoped. For a three hour movie it seemed it. And that usually means I'm not really into the flick. The whole going to the movies experience was more interesting than the movie. LOL! First, school was out. Didn't think about that. Went to a showing at 11:45 am showing. The movie's kinda old - came out 3 or 4 weeks ago.

So! The place was packed! At least 75% full. When you enter the seats go up so you can't see how many people are already in the theater. As I rounded the corner I saw all the people. I said - possibly quite loud - 'holy shit'. Whoops. Then as my brother and I walked up to our seats I tripped on the staircase stumbling forward like a fool. LOL! So we take our seats. A see a lady walking with a guy that had a serious limp. Of course, she chooses our row of seats and comes in our side. She was no problem but I thought the guy was gonna fall all over me. As it was the lady had to steady him as he tried to slip by me. All 160 pounds of me - it's not like I'm some giant balloon at 5'9. Then the guy sits down 1 or 2 seats from me and this sounds comes out like a huge fart. It may have been the seat but it was probably a fart. Two girls maybe of age 13 moved out from behind them after the couple sat down and the guy farted.

The girls were too bad. They candy boxes were kinda loud as what sounded like peanut M&M's slid back and forth as they were poured out and eating. They were whispering here and there but nothing too major. We also had a nose blower behind us in the next row to our left. And it was loud sloppy nose blowing to. Lasted throughout the first third of the movie.

And then we had the retarted guy in the very front row (because of his wheelchair). He wasn't to bad but my brother and I couldn't help but snicker at his cries of excitement during the movie - because it seemed it was usually during a headshot of Harry Potter. So you'd hear this kinda elephant hooting noise in the middle of some shot.

Unfortunately, the local comic shop where I spend a lot of time playing games and hanging out has MAJOR drama going on. And it's kinda dirty shit too. One of the three owners is being very weaselish in trying to get his own account with Diamond and wants to open his own store. It's weaselish because he told Diamond about this before his two partners. In fact, I think one of the two other owners learned of this drama FROM Diamond Dist. So I don't know what's going to happen to my favorite hangout. That really sucks.

The end.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had my ROFLMAO... "elephant hooting noise"? That clinched it. I think I'm gonna wet myself.

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home