Monday, December 26, 2005

after Christmas things

So, Christmas was awesome. I got a lot of cool gifts and also $70 in gift certificates so I can get what I didn't get! Buying house stuff mainly - I'm thinking an iron skillet, soap dish, toothbrush holder, maybe two packs of Heroclix and then I don't know.

Not sure what I did with my budget but I did SOMETHING apparently in a good way. I have Feburary's mortgage already to be paid and then $300 left over to pay bills. And since I saved up all my Christmas money before Christmas, I have no bills from that because I bought everything in cash. So I'm thinking I can put about $150 to $200 on my credit card to get rid of the motherboard I bought when I had to replace my fried one. So I think my credit card may be $400 or less, maybe even as low as $300, when I get done with my next payment.

I ended up winning my fantasy football league. It was a total slugfest between my friend Dwain and I. The project stats were 109.09 to 109.07 in favor of me. We both ended scoring over 143 points which is huge points for our league. The scoring was crazy! Several of our players had HUGE games as far as fantasy football goes. I think I won by 3 points or so. That's a pretty close game. It was a lot of fun but high blood pressure inducing. It seemed every football highlight on TV was one of our guys and the lead flip-flopped the whole weekend. It's the second straight year I've won the league. And I'm the only winner of our league since it's only been in existence for two years.

I got a new story idea for the comic. It's always so cool to come up with stories.

Played more D&D today. My character almost croaked but I survived. Another party member was not so lucky.

Being reading for about an hour when I go to bed lately. I read The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It's part of the Chronicles of Naria, The Lion, the Witch, and the Warbrobe being the most popular. It was decent. Now I'm working on The Last Battle of the same series. I had started reading it long ago I think as a middle school student but never finished it. Been on a Narnia kick since seeing the recent movie. I think I'll be Narnia'd out after this story though. But we'll see. I received the book of all the stories unabriged as a gift for Christmas back in 2003.

So now comes the business of winter. At Christmas time, it's all about Christmas. Now it's time for projects and in-door things. I rather like this time of year because most of my hobbies are in-doors. It always seems like I'm missing something when I'm drawing on a beautiful summer's day. But on a cold winter day, it just feels so right.

I got a webcam from one of my brother's so I expect to post a bunch of pictures on my MySpace.com log. I post pic's there and do all of my writing here.

I'm watching Monday Night Football as I write this - Patriots vs Jets (I'm a Patriots fan since 1985). I am SO SICK of them tooting their own horn. I realize it's their 25th anniversary or something but do I really need to hear during every game a promo about how MNF changed America? Yeesh. You'd think that these guys created AMerica or something. And I'm a HUGE football fan.

Anyways, my Christmas was totally awesome - no fights, nothing overly stupid happened, just almost 100% fun and joy. The only lame thing that happened was my brother's daughter refusing to even come to the door to see him on Christmas and refusing his gifts. Man, the ex is a dirty fucker. She's convinced that kid that a loving father that spent quality time with her is now the scum of the earth. My niece will probably never trust men when she grows up and it'll be her mother's fault.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home