Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Yowza!

It's been a long time since I updated things so here goes some stuff:

Bought replacements parts for my computer. I bought all the same stuff again just new parts. Had to go with a motherboard and processor, a new power supply, and a new graphics card. I didn't buy a new sound card, have to replace my 1 GIG of RAM or get a new tower.

With my own computer working again I can now get back to work on the Necropolis Chronicles. I finished up grayscaling p11 of issue 2 yesterday and I think it looks pretty good.

Issue 1 finally got printed! I only got 50 copies so I could send some out to friends. I plan to combine issue 1 & 2 into a sort of graphic novel. I found this girl in France via DeviantArt to do the cover. I LOVE her stuff and am really excited about it. Oh yeah, about 20 of the 50 copies were damaged. :( I should be getting replacement copies from Comixpress. They've been polite and the quality of the comic looks terrific but otherwise my experience with them has been horrific. It took 6 months for my book to get printed. Then the copies were damaged. And I don't see my book anywhere on their website to be purchased. But in all fairness, I seem to be one of very few to have had a bad experience with them.

My brother with all the custody woes moved in with me. It's nice having him around the house. And there are zero problems which is awesome. Having his son/my nephew around adds so youthful exuberance to the house making things more lively and fun. But his daughter still buys into the crap her mother is feeding her: 'your father treats you like shit, he's a piece of shit, etc. When the judge heard this crap in the latest court fight he stopped her and her lawyer and told them to go to litigation to solve the problems. So anyways, the family hasn't seen my niece because she won't have anything to do with her father. And unfortuantely, my brother said his ex would tell my niece to 'shut the fuck up' in therapy IN FRONT OF THE THERAPIST!

In the what should hopefully be good news department - the carpetters are schedule to install my bedroom wall to wall carpetting tomorrow! (the 15th). It seems like I've been waiting for this FOREVER! I can't wait to finally put my bed up and have my bedroom become something more than a room holding my dresser and hamper! I can also shuffle and empty many of the remaining boxes of mine in the house and make it more of a home! I'm getting sick of having 8 long boxes of comics in my living room and other boxes lining the walls.

Unfortunately, my mom had to cancel her annual Christmas party because my brother that I bought the house from still hasn't finished unpacking his stuff back at my parents's place. She doesn't let it on to much but I think it really bothers her. She usually has a crowd of up to 40 people show up and some of the attendees only make it up to the house once or twice a year. I suggested she try for a party in the middle of Feburary. Hopefully by then, all of my brother's crap can/would be moved to someplace other than the dining room. He seems to have started a renewed interest in getting it done since he was told point blank that the Christmas party was cancelled because of his stuff being everywhere in the house.

Okay, I'm sick of writing now.

The End.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home