Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Things: Both good and bad

The good:

Mom's back home and recouperating nicely. She needs help with some things after being bedridden for well over a week. Can't do stairs and can't lift anything heavy for at least a week. So this news overwhelms the bad news by a HUGE margin.

Pretty much everything is set for the closing on my house. The date for the closing is Oct 14.

The bad:

Not a lot of free time these days. Pretty much just an hour before work and an hour or two after work. I'm on 2nd shift until next week so the hours after work are from 11:45pm to roughly 1:30 am. So it makes it hard to get anything meaningful done.

The situation with my niece continues to get worse and worse. As suspected, her mother told my niece to call the police on my brother and she did resulting in two cruisers coming to the house. The cops left with nothing happening to my brother although my nephew was really shook up and kept asking the police if they were going to take his daddy away.

Today, my brother has a court hearing along with the ex to discuss the situation. Considering her attorney has failed to make the last two appointments to appear in court it wouldn't surprise me if today is another wasted day for my brother. He is trying to tell his ex to take my niece full-time and he'll take my nephew full-time. My niece wants to be with her mother full-time. It's the biggest mistake she'll ever make. She already watches my nephew when her 'mother' leaves to go out. My already does the laundry andwho knows what else. She doesn't realize that she is NOT the most important thing in her mother's life. She might soon though. My niece is going to lose her whole family to be with her 'mother'. And I hate to say it, but at this time, we really won't miss my niece. At all. She's just that much of a fucking asshole right now. And considering she doesn't have my money to steal anymore - or my mother's money - she'll probably start stealing from businesses and end up in a lot of trouble. If she steals from her 'mother' the 'mother' will probably just slap her around. Or worse, just ignore my niece.

Despite all this, things should actually look up for my brother. He'll be graduating college (night school really) in January which should mean an increase in pay at his job. He won't have the heavy weight of his own daughter trying to sabotage everything he does under orders from her 'mother' , he won't have to worry about having his daughter cause trouble for the whole family by finding her a place to sleep on his nights and her suckless attitude of 'I can do anything I want because my mom will get her attorney' and he can get on with living at least a little bit better.

That's all for now. It may not sound like it, but positivity is actually in the air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home