Monday, September 26, 2005

What a shitty month

Good grief I can't wait for September to end. The following's all happened in September.

My brother's friend dies unexpectedly. My brother goes in with the police to check on him after some of the friend's family was worried about him. The night before, my brother had a dream about this friend and he looked exactly the same in the dream as they found him dead on the floor.

So my brother ends up being a contact guy for all the other friends for funeral purposes and such. Shortly thereafter at work this asshole co-worker starts sexually harrassing my brother asking if his gay lover died. My brother's not gay and has had problems with this guy before so a big verbal fight erupts. The boss simmers things down but later on at a meeting to a higher up boss, the little boss blatantly lies in front of my brother stating that everything had been cleared up and that my brother and the offender had shaken hands and made up. So my brother erupts over this and then worries that HIS job is in jeopardy after this fight.

Eventually, my brother brings in some sexual harrassment documentation and the other worker is written up. The other worker then complains about my brother for something that happened well over a month ago. Apparently it's dropped because it's retaliation for being written up. And my brother still has his job.

Another brother is just totally harrassed by his ex. Ex has accused my brother of essentially sexual misconduct with my niece IN COURT. When that doesn't pan out my niece and the ex are now looking for child abuse type stuff. The courts have sided with my brother in every hearing but his therapist and his lawyer said that he is being set-up by the ex. It's to the point where my niece is so brainwashed by her mother that my niece has stated she hates her father (my brother). For whatever reason, my niece can't see the truth - that her own mother has trouble with every blood and marriage family memeber and has nothing to do with any of them. Counting just her own blood relatives and immediate in-law's, the count is 9 people that my brother's ex has nothing to do with.

So to protect himself and to have a fighting chance to keep his son, through his attorney, my brother has decided to sign away custody of his eldest child, my niece. Also to protect himself, the legal people told my brother that he should never be alone with his own daughter. This is for witness reasons because if a single bruise is found on her and it's his word versus her's - the police are going to remove her from the house for protective reasons. So everytime my brother has custody of his daughter - 4 or 5 times a week - my niece sleeps at either my parents' house or my sister's house. This is the same niece from previous entries that has a lot of issues, has been called the angriest child the therapist my brother tried to get for her has ever met, and the same niece that has stolen over $150 in cash from me. The financial burden for my brother has been so great that he has pretty much decided to sell his house to pay off his bills. In the past couple of days, this same brother has contracted pneumonia.

My nephew decided to go to a community college and his only transportation is his motorcycle. While at college this girl was chased by police but escaped. So the genius girl comes back the next day and is again chased by police. This time she hops into a car and speds off. Along the way she sideswipes a bunch of cars and also knocks over 4 motorcycles. One of the bikes is my nephew's. Although used, he had it only for a month tops before this asshole girl damages and scratches it by being an asshole by endangering a bunch of people by fleeing the police.

My mother has gone in for serious but routine surgery to deal with an aneurism in her stomach region. My sister had her aneurism (brain aneurism) explode and it almost killed her leaving her in intensive care for over a month. Now my mother has developed complication from the surgery. The doctors had to put my mother in intensive care for fluid in the lungs. Somewhere along the way her blood pressure dropped to very dangerous levels and she had a mild heart attack. Now, while trying to recover from that, she has developed a fever of 102 and remains in intensive care (over 3 days) as of this writing. According to the doctors she is doing better and not needing the ventilator hadly at all. Cautious optimism.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot that with my closing coming up very soon (has to be done by Oct 17) work has laid us off for 1 day a week for a 6 week period which they will then review the situation. What a joy, trying to pay a mortgage on a 32 hour work week.

God, what a fucking month.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish there was more I could do for you. But your mother and brother are both in my thoughts. Especially your mom. I miss chatting with her on those Monday nights.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home