Sunday, November 27, 2005

Back! Sorta!

Whew! Where to start? There's so much I ain't writing it all here right now.

Some of the bigger news: my computer got fried or at least some part of it did. Big wind storm here before Thanksgiving and it knocked out the power. It also knocked over a transformer right by my house. The power came back on literally as I was driving to my house. It was kinda neat seeing the area light up. But the cops had the area around my house blocked off because the transformer was lying across the road - although by the time I got home pretty much things were cleaned up. So it took an extra 30 minutes to get home because the transformer melted the tar on the road and nobody was allowed to pass. So I had to drive around tring to find another way home.

So, I've been computerless since. I've been able to do some stuff on my parent's computer which has helped. My brother literally JUST moved in with me. I pestered him to set up his computer and here we are. So shortly, I will be buying a new PC which kinda sucks because I just bought mine this past Janurary and dropped $800+ on it. Sigh. Oh, well.

That's all the writing for now but there's quite a bit more to come - eventually.

1 Comments:

Blogger Agric said...

Hmmm, please turn the 'only blogger reply' switch off, I hate people following me.

Postpone the new PC purchase till mid January or even March if you can and want to save money (about $100 each break).

I've started my series of Peak Oil, ooops there goes another 2 billion monkeys, posts on my blog. Go be scared. I need to do a day's work to post my 'whens'. Did you know that per capita production of both oil and food on this planet peaked nearly 30 years ago?

So, how's work / does it exist? How big's your garden? If it is even moderate in size you could grow 90%+ of your vegetable needs, I do. If it is tiny I may surprise you with what you might grow. I can give plenty of helpful info and links.

If your niece is amenable to talking to oldies who will treat her considerately, impartially and with as much respect as she shows others she could maybe email me or suggest some other comms. 11 yo is younger than normal for me to deal with, more normally 14 to 20, but I have some DID littles as young as 6 or 7 who call me.

Forcing an 11 yo into counselling for swearing is plain fucking stupid and a desparate abrogation of responsibility. You can't 'teach' a child / adolescent to be successful in life, you can be a positive example, a source of support and practical advice, but attempting to be some moral parrot on the shoulder is doomed.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home