Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Despondent things

Kinda despondent as I write this. I was just informed today that I'll be losing my job. Rather sucks since I just bought a house last month. I was one of 9 to get the axe. My last day is next week. I work - for now - at Strathmore artist papers. If you draw, you probably know them. Anyways, they are laying people off indefinately. I don't expect to be rehired. I'm not sure what the owners of Strathmore (Mohawk Papers) is doing but it has the remaining employees scared and rattled. Mohawk is is doing everything it can to save money. They only turned the heat on this month so for a good chunk of October it was literally under 60 degrees in the facility. They have told purchasing not to order anything unless it is absolutely neccessary. Part of my job there was as a material handler and in the last 2 weeks, I've had to tell my group leader 5 or 6 times that we did not have the cartons availiable to box up the finished products.

Fortunately for me, I plan ahead. I expect my first mortgage payment later this month and the amount is already in my checking account. I wanted it in there in case something shitty (like this) happened. With the paycheck I got today, December's mortgage payment is also all set too.

Looks like my brother has liekly sold his house after being availiable for only 1 week. He and my 5 year old nephew are moving in with me (this was planned). The rent he'll pay is really going to me. So financially, I should be in decent shape overall. I expect my charge card to take a bit of a hit but my balance is under $200 right now.

Other co-workers hit by this are worse off than me so in the grand scheme of things, for now, I'm doing okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home