Thursday, December 29, 2005

as usual, yet more 'stuff'

Dreary rainy days here the past few days. Haven't done a whole lot either. Wasted one whole day waiting for the telephone repairman to show. The only chance I missed was when I was taking a shower/in the bathroom for about 15 minutes. And that was roughly 40 minutes into the 8+ hour timeframe window the stupid automated system gave. And somehow, I doubt I missed him because it was about 8:40 in the morning when I showered and I have never, ever seen a tech on anything arrive that early.

I can't believe I couldn't find anything to spend my gift certificates on today. Vacuums were outrageously expensive usually seeming to START at $200. Okay, there was one about the size of a tea pot for around $100 oh nay-sayers.

I couldn't find a belgian waffle maker either! Couldn't believe I couldn't find one in my price range. I either had to get a big one at $40 or this other one at $75. I'm pissed all the $20 ones that make round waffles were totally sold out. Who'd a thunk it? Yeah, being a bit anal on this but I want a round waffle maker. When I first ordered a belgian waffle for the first time it was round so that's now my crazy standard.

Yep. I can be weird at times.

I got this friend - not a good friend - but a friend. Sometimes he's really decent but other times he's just a total bitch. I was saying to some other friends that this week and the week of Christmas I wasn't really looking to hard for a job because of the two weeks of the year it is: Christmas and New Year's. So mister bitch has to sit there and say 'I applied for a job'. Well, no shit Sherlock, there ARE jobs out there at this time but I did mention to him that there were only 1 and 1/2 pages of jobs compared to the usual 4 or 5 pages of jobs.

Then my other friend showed up and likes to get the bitch riled up. He started offering trades for one of my Heroclix figures - the one the bitch REALLY wants. This other guy started doing it just to rile the bitch up and it seems to have worked because the bitch went and got his Heroclix and started digging through them.

Of course, that's the bitch for you. Even after I told him I wasn't voting for his team in fantasy football he would still sqwauk about how I would never for him and always for for his opponent. LOL!

Planning on finally seeing Harry Potter 4 tomorrow at a matinee. Should be good because I'm hoping there will be 20 people or hopefully a whole lot less in the theater. It makes it almost seem like I'm getting a private showing or something.

With Christmas over the house should be getting a little more organized. I expect to put the 27" screen TV sitting on my kitchen table (screen facing the wall because it's not plugged in) into the living room where the Christmas tree current resides. And then throwing some speakers up on to the rafters - I have sort of Catherdral ceilings with exposed beams.

Finished The Last Battle. It's the last of the Chronicles of Narnia. I know I was suppose to feel good about the ending but it was kind of a downer for me. I won't post spoilers though, you'll have to read it for yourself.

Over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home