Sunday, November 04, 2007

What were refs looking at?

Blog 110407

Fairly boring Saturday. I slept late after playing some computer games after work. I didn’t get up until almost 5pm. Went to the comic shop and hung out there with my friend for awhile. I almost had to jumpstart someone’s car but I couldn’t park close enough because of a full parking lot.

After the comic shop I bought a ne pair of pants and then groceries. Yeah, exciting Saturday.

Sunday was a bit better. I got up early to join my parents for shopping at a local outlet store. Mom had a 25% off coupon so we pretty much went as soon as the store opened at 8a.m.

I struck out twice. First, the $89.99 dresser I wanted sold out literally seconds before I got to it. I could hear the people at the counter going ‘we want to buy the dresser too’. Damn.

I wandered around some of the other furniture and most of it was somewhat pricey that I liked. I found a bureau type thing, maybe more of a hutch with legs for $200. It would be $150 with mom’s coupon. But that too was sold out. Damn it. So I bought another pair of pants the same kind I bought on Saturday.

On Saturday I noticed a cute cashier at the outlet store. She seemed a little heavy on the make-up but other than that she looked like a blond Denise Ricardson, the Hollywood actress. I liked her outfit and drew it on to one of my super-heroes when the super-hero appears in public.

I was hoping she was there again this morning when I went with my parents. She was. The make-up was a little heavy again. Her outfit was blah this time around.

I have done a couple of drawings lately. They seem pretty decent to me. I may post them on the internet.

Wow. That’s all I can say about the Patriots/Colts game. It was a real nail biter. I also couldn’t believe the refs. What the hell were the refs looking at?!?! The refs blew about 5 calls. Two were really bad. The Patriots had to use a challenge to overturn one of the two really bad calls. Even the TV announcers were going ‘wow, I don’t see it (the penalty)’.

The Patriots committed the most penalties in franchise history. Most were justified but around 5 were really questionable. The Patriots were also flagged for over 100 yards in penalties. The Colts were flagged a couple of times but not until late in the game. Theyprobably had between 4 to 6 penalties for about 55 yards. I think the Patriots were flagged 12 or 13 times. All the local sports radio talkshows are having fits. Some are saying referee incompetence to the referees fixing the game.

In the end, the Patriots won and are still undefeated so far this season but damn, this one they really had to work for. The Colts are the second best team in the league.

Ugh, I start first shift tomorrow. Maybe. I could get there to find out that things have been cancelled again. But I think training will start since the area is already six days behind schedule.

Waves ‘hi’ to Wendy because I never mention her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Holy shit! I had the same problem with that game. I just kept telling myself that the refs were paid off to look the other way and make bad calls...

And that Tom Brady just wanted to lull the Colts into a false sense of security before coming back to say, "Ah ha ha! We're the best!"

Yeah. Nail-biting was big here.

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home