Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Red Sox, Patriots and I all win!

Blog 103007

A quick weekend. I mostly slept, ate my parents and watched sports on TV. I watched the New England Patriots destroy yet another team this year: The Washington Redskins. Once again the Patriots were accused of running up the score.

I also watched The Boston Red Sox sweep the Colorado Rockies in the World Series. The Rockies had won 21 of 22 games going into the series and had swept both of their play-off series to get to the World Series. So after 86 years of no championships, the Red Sox have two in 4 years. Pretty sweet.

I won in both football fantasy leagues over the weekend. I’m 7-1 in the league I really want to win and 5-3 in the other league. In my pick’em league where you just pick winners and losers of games I correctly picked 13 games out of 14. Not bad. Not bad at all. I’m in 4th or 5th I believe in that league out of 12 to maybe 14 people. The pick I missed on only cost me 3 points.

I added four more Classic Marvel Figurines to my collection over the weekend. My case is starting to sill up but should be able to accept another 6 statues or so before things will look cramped. I need to go order some statue that I like but don’t have now that most of my previous orders have come in.

Sara is back on-line which is good news. I keep tabs on far away friends via blogs. While I don’t leave a lot of messages I check blogs daily to see what’s new.

My work schedule got a little wacky this week. My training for my new job was delayed until this Wednesday which is tomorrow as of this writing. So I worked third shift Monday and asked to have Tuesday off to hopefully get my sleep in order. We’ll see. If there’s one thing that sucks about first shift which is what I’m working during training is that I put a lot of pressure on myself to get to sleep. In the end I only end up staying awake worrying about the time. That could happen tonight. At least I’ve remembered my first shift routine which is to pick my clothes the night before and to make my lunch the night before. That way I can try and sleep as late as possible. I get up, shower, eat, leave for work. For the comedians out there, yes, I do dress before leaving. I also brush my teeth and do other small details to numerous or common to list.

My co-worker I keep bitching about went to court today. A lot of things may have happened. She may have lost her license because of a DUI. She may go on probation. She smokes pot daily which is not good. If she gets tested if she gets probation it could really cost. This includes jail time I believe if she found out to be smoking pot while on probation. She could really blow it. Maybe it’s the wake up call she needs to straighten out her life.

My older niece has a friend that often follows my niece to my mom’s house. Her name is Alicia. She’s a decent kid. Sometimes looks a little unwashed because of her semi-goth style but she’s really a neat freak that showers a couple of times a day. Turns out her boyfriend broke up with her before he left for Iraq since he’s in the service. In case something happened to him, he didn’t want her cling to him or at least have her freedom or something along those lines. He came home the other day. An IED blew up his Humvee and killed him. It’s a pretty sad story.

I’ve done a number of drawings recently, half of them done while at work. I posted them on my comicspace.

I started doing crossword puzzles at work to pass the time. It’s that slow. I’m surprised that there hasn’t been another lay-off. My boss use to do them at the old place we both worked. It was funny because he would check my progress and help out. He even made photocopies so he could do them in his office. I’m going to miss him.

I guess the people that took the voluntary lay-off are due back November 12. If it is still so slow I would think that juniors would be bumped into lay-off by returning seniors in the union. I would be the third person out if this happens. It’s why I bid for the jobs in the new area despite a paycut.

Ugh. I need to go to bed. I’m not sure I’m tired because I’m use to third shift and worked it last night. But I gotta try and get some sleep. Over and out at 10:22pm.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Oh my gosh, so sad to read about your niece's friend's ex-boyfriend. The girl must be absolutely devastated.

Tonight we honor the dead, and I am definitely honoring all the fallen service members in this conflict.

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home