Monday, November 12, 2007

Dreams and ghost hunting!

Blog 111207

Weird neat dream this morning. A group of people and I were part of a somewhat devastated world. I’ve been seeing ads for I Am Legend and this dream was similar in that most of the population was dead.

The group of about 5 or 6 people and I were in a mall. It was a weird mall where every room was the size of a basketball gymnasium or larger. The ceilings were all really high like 30 minimum. Each room seemed to be a different department or store. The places were mostly intact with some things knocked over or stuff on the floor.

I don’t really recall the other people but we were a mix of male and females. Some of my family may have been part of the group but I can’t recall now.

We were putzing around this one store when we could hear these loud footsteps of something really large and heavy. In the dream I was really anxious. A large rock man came around a corner. It looked like he was made of brown, variously sized round rocks that had a polish to them. It was big like 8 or 9 feet tall. It was thick like a bodybuilder. I think it had two eyes also. It didn’t really have hands but more like clubs. And it was looking to kill us. We scattered and it chased us until a few of the group tried to attack it. We couldn’t hurt it. Then, for whatever reason, I realized that my hands emitted acid and that I could probably blind it. I didn’t have enough power to stop it. I wasn’t excited about this prospect since I knew I could get killed but I was the only one that could affect it. I was able to get behind it because it was kind of slow. I jumped to its shoulders and pressed my palms against each eye. It worked. With the thing staggering around we all fled out of the area.

We ran outside because the mall ended and found ourselves in sort of a soft, rolling fields farming community. The mall was huge and behind but with no parking lot or road system that I saw. I think I saw a lone dirt road or it may have been a single set of railroad tracks. There were about 4 or 5 plain houses dotting the landscape.

We hustled into a large red barn that seemed fairly old. The doors were open and it had a few holes in the walls large enough to exit easily. We were mostly leaving to go to one of the houses we I noticed a sort of lower chamber. There was some sort of machine there. It looked like black metal and like some sort of engine. I really can’t describe well. It somehow came to life and started spewing green material out of a top nozzle. This stuff looked like green snot, like florescent green snot. I think it hit one or two of the group. I don’t recall what it did but it wasn’t good.

As we fled that barn towards another barn/house combination we had to flee that. Another rock man showed up and this was like three times the size of the first. We could see people at the other barn house but they were in a corral. Someone or some thing was rounding people up. They were man-like but may have been orcs or something. A couple of us ran to one of the other houses and found a farmer. Turns out the orcs let about five surrounding farms to operator to grow food for everyone. All other humans were captives. I was able to hide in a coffin like thing set in the ground while the orcs stormed the house.

I then woke up.

I’ve forgotten more of the dream but it was pretty cool. While everything was pretty much just like a prairie land area you could tell most of the population was dead.

On a random note my co-worker’s grandson made it on to kid’s Jeopardy. This is the real Jeopardy show but has only kids around 10 to 12 I believe for contestants. He finished last of his trio but got $1000. He was something like one of 15 kids selected out of 35,000.

Things that don’t get old: my cat doing the cartoon effect of running in place when she tries to run on linoleum.

Things that are always old: the cat scratching and damaging stuff in my house.

My buddy came over my parents’ house last night for some ghost hunting. It was just him and his girl but it was fun. He’s into scientific research as opposed to religious investigation. He had about 5 pieces of equipment: digital camera, hi-def digital video camera, a thing to record sound digitally, and two types of energy reading/sensing devices.

As usual, my dad gets all anxious and my buddy was a little late. Once he arrived you couldn’t stop my dad from talking about the house and then pretty much everything. It got to the point where you couldn’t get a word in!

I led my buddy around the house. He set up his digital camcorder and some toys in a ‘hot spot’ to see if they would be moved at all. Later when we came back about 20 minutes later his brand new batteries that he had opened in front of me were almost dead. They should’ve lasted for a lot longer.

They snapped pictures and did some sound recordings. At one point my buddy thought he felt a touch of a cold spot on his face on the staircase where a young boy supposedly died long ago. After some quick device pointing though nothing seemed overly out of the ordinary. It may have been the fan from the kitchen. My parents use a fan to suck the heat from the woodstove into other parts of the house. The fan seemed pointed into the room this time as I felt an occasional draft on my face.

Nothing really great or monumentus happened but there was one somewhat interesting note. I had shown them the basement. The basement has a dirt floor and many a psychic claim there is a lot of energy there. Nothing happened in the basement that we were aware of. We moved upstairs to the back staircase. There is a small storage area underneath the staircase that seems to be a hotspot. My buddy was asking questions for a sign as he recorded with his sound recorder. He was asking for the spirits to say or do something that could be recorded. Out of nowhere the three of us clearly heard something fall from a height in the basement. To me it sort of sounded like a gas funnel or something light and hollow bounce off something and then again and then hit the floor or something. My buddy said it was metallic sounding. But all three of us definitely heard it. Eventually, despite some hesitation on my part, we went back into the cellar. There is so much stuff down there that something could have fallen but we really couldn’t find anything amiss. They did spot a small mouse but not in the area of where the sound came from. Oh yeah, the millions of spiderwebs in the cellar and some in the attic kind of creeped me out. Some of the attic webs still had long legged thin long spiders moving around in them.

So after about 90 minutes my buddy packed up his gear and they headed home. I asked for a CD or DVD of his recordings. He said it would take about a week to go through everything. And next Sunday we’re slated to do the same thing at my sister’s house.

I’ve won again in my fantasy football that I really want to win. I’m now 9-1 but the play-off’s are lose once and out so it could all be for nothing. I should make the play-off’s easily though since I’m in first and just handed a loss to the second place guy. I lost in the other league so I’ll be 6-4 and remain in third I believe. In my pick ‘em league I got like 5 games right out of 14. Ugh. I lost my big point games and will probably fall a notch or two in the standings.

I’m sore from my new job. My new job has lots of arm, shoulder and hand usage. My muscles are sore as I get use to using those particular muscles on a regular basis now. I did my first day of over-time on Saturday. Because I have today off (Monday) it’s still a two day weekend for me. I won a bid for third and will start that tomorrow night. I’ll work this week and then I believe it’s already Thanksgiving weekend so that’ll be two more days off. I’m hoping that the company doesn’t pull any BS and make us work that Friday and Saturday or even just that Saturday. I would like a 4 day weekend. It would almost be 5 days since I wouldn’t be going into work until Monday 11pm. The only thing that sucks is that I get out on Thanksgiving Day at 7am. I’ll probably sleep for an hour soon after I get home and then run up to the parentals for a great meal.

I should be working six days a week now until March of next year or longer. The money will be nice but I worry about fatigue and burnout. After six months I should be able to bid out of the department and just might for a break! I’m hoping the extra money will allow me to do a couple of things: go to Origins in late June, go to DragonCon Labor Day weekend, buy a big screen TV, buy and Xbox 360, and allow my to buy all my Xmas gifts in cash so that I care no debt over into 2008. We’ll see as I’m only earning an extra $100 a week. But some of the vacation stuff I plan to fund from my tax returns.

Time for brunch, almost lunch as I’ve yet to eat anything yet today!

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Let's hear it for Weebee and linoleum! Shiva is pretty hilarious in that regard too.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home