Saturday, January 14, 2006

Good & Bad Things

Well, the Patriot Super Bowl run is over :(
It was surprising to see the veteran players make so many mistakes - i.e. turn-overs. Brady had a shaky game, the veteran presence of Troy Brown muffing a punt return, the eternally reliable Viniteri missing a field goal. Sigh. But the pass internal call on Samuels was such bullshit. That's the one thing I hate about the NFL - just pass the ball and it seems at least 1/3 of the time you will get a pass interference call. Many are justified but many are not.

The Patriot defense had a pretty good game I thought but the offense and special teams kept screwing up. Very uncharacterist of the New England Patriots.

The comic book store stuff continues to be a big drama. To help out my friends I went in on Friday morning in case an expected visitor was to show up when the underhanded partner was there. The guy never showed up. The underhand partner talked with the original owner and things did get loud/heated for a bit but I actually missed it because they were in the basement.

So! After so legal checking it turns out that the underhanded owner has done many illegal things. Most of which is being on the corporation while trying to open a new store as a direct competitor to the current store. Also turns out that by trying to woo customers to go to his new store is also illegal. And there's all sorts of other stuff like that. So the other two owners have every right to sue the shit out of the underhanded owner.

On Monday there is a meeting for the owners. I don't think any of them are looking forward to it and I'll have to just wait and see what happens.

I may be a ringer when I'm sponsored to play Heroclix. I usually don't play in booster drafts because you have to buy 3 or 4 boxes usually at $7 a box. So I mentioned to a friend that if he wanted to pay for the clix I'd give him anything I won and the clix from the boosters. So I won the whole thing including beating the guy that bought the boxes for me.

So! Today I did the same thing again but for a different player. And I won again. So my Heroclix record when being sponsored is 6 wins and no defeats.

I lost in a winner's take all Texas Tournament tonight at my buddy's place. I had fun and won a big hand or two but took a risk against my gut instinct and I lost in an 'all-in' because of it. But it was fun.

That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home