Friday, January 20, 2006

Dreams and Drama

Had a weird dream this morning. Can't remember all of it or even what it was about. For awhile I was into trying to interpet dreams but I almost always put a negative spin on things so I got sick of doing it.

Anyways, the dream,...

For whatever reason, I was walking on my parents property at night. I think I was in my usual attire of t-shirt and flanel pants that look like pajamma bottoms. I'm walking near the stream where our small horse barn use to be. Something stirs in the bushes and eventually comes out. It's a raccoon. Either I start messing with it or it just starts attacking me, I can't remember at this time. So it bites my left hand index finger and latches on. I'm finally able to get the thing off by flicking my wrist. This raccoon then sails for like 40 yards in kind of an arc and lands somewhere upstream behind where we had built a small homemade dam across the stream. Didn't have any problems after that but I did go to the house and clean the wound for fear of rabies. I think I went to the hospital to.

So,...that's what I remember.

The drama at the comic shop may be drawing to a conclusion. It depends on the religous nut. My friends had a meeting with relgious guy's partner and had a chat of about 2 hours. Seems this fellow might be a pretty decent guy and was approached by the religous nut to open a store. Religous nut said he was unhappy being at the current store and whatnot. And the other guy always wanted a store and said okay.

So my two friends and this third party guy seem to have come to an agreeable conclusion that will pretty much keep things as is - he stays their customer and no new store. My friends had an appointment with their lawyer the next day and they all had a call with this third party fellow. Apparently there wa some minor haggling on things but the end result seems to be what I stated before.

The religous nut. Well, it seems the only guy getting fucked in all this is him. And deservedly so. He's the one that started all this shit and was totally underhanded and blatantly lied to everybody (maybe even his business partner) to their faces - even when directly questioned if he was planning to open his own store.

If he does what my friends want, he will sign a non-competitive agreement. He will not be able to work in or open a store within 30 miles of the current store for two years. They don't care if he sells stuff on Ebay or sets up a table at a comic con.

He is also out as an owner and my two friends will be the co-owners of the current store. The relgious nut will forfeit his keys to the store and will not work there. From now on he can only be a customer - if he even chooses to buy his comics there.

If he doesn't sign this agreement, they'll sue the shit out of him for legal damages to the store. And pretty much everyone involved agrees that religous nut would lose.

So it seems, this guy fucked himself. And good enough for him. And a lot of people are happy about it because he waves his religous beliefs in our faces like he's mister superiority and he turns out to be the lower than most of us. LOL! And I'm a Christian saying this!

Got the basic lettering done on issue 2 of The Necropolis Chronicles. I still need to create a few things, mainly sound effects, in Photoshop and drop them into the pages. The cover is being worked on by a girl in France. I love her photo-manipulations so I have really high hopes for the cover. The blog/poems page is 90% done so the book is quickly closing in on being ready for print which is awesome.

That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home