Thursday, January 26, 2006

Bill things

Whew!

How do poor people do it? Or even limited income people?

I had some car issues the other and got them fixed today. Fairly reasonable prices is what I'm hearing but it was still a bill for $415. Ouch.

And my monthly electric bill jumped by 30 fucking dollars a month. It was $48 but now it's $77. And it's because of deregulation to promote competition between companies. Some competition - what's the deal? See which company can get the biggest increase?

At least I got some good news. I got a job. I'll be working at Top Flite starting next Monday. First I start for a couple of months as a temp (because they don't hire people off the street) but then I'll be hired on. The shifts aren't great - 12 hour shifts, but it'll result in solid middle class yearly wage of what should be $35,000+ a year. That'll make affording things a lot easier.

Of course, I gotta hold up my end of the bargin and do my part so that I don't get released or fired. But pretty much every company I have worked for has be at least satisfied with my work or even offered me raises to come back. So I think I'll do decently there.

The comic store drama seems to be at an end. The religous nut signed the non-competitive papers and was removed from the incorporation of the store for it. Here's the funny part, while the company was in debt and the religous guy handled the register on Wednesdays (new comic day) the cash would be weak and the register screwed up. But as things tightened up and he wasn't on Wednesdays, the store did at least okay. To the point of dropping the debt of the store from something like $6000 to $3500 in like 6 weeks. So now it's pretty promising for the store.

Since it's my major hangout, I'm very happy with the results so far.

So this week has been a rollercoaster of a week. The weekend looks promising. There's the model train show on Saturday. This is the 5th largest show in the U.S. and if I remember correctly draws something like 100,000 visitors over the weekend.

And the Royal Rumble is Sunday night.

So despite my bills, I'm going to splurge a little. Nothing over the top, only like $35 to $40 for both weekend events.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home