Thursday, July 10, 2008

Another webcomic posted at Drunkduck and July 4th

Blog 071108

I believe today is the start of the big day at work. If I heard correctly the company will start discussing what areas and how many people will be affected by the coming lay-off’s. I’m not sure when the regular work population will find out the details though. Rumors and incorrect information are bound to be rampant.

The 4th of July was fairly tame for me but it was my fault. I slept for under 4 hours after work before heading to me parents. I was fairly zombified when I got there. The chow was pretty good and the desserts better. My 20 year old niece brought over a new friend and she was fairly popular with us like she was a new toy or something.

Saturday I was fairly subdued too. It was rainy and I get all depressed lately when it rains. Instead of doing anything useful like I had planned I ended up vegging out to Youtube videos for around three hours. Then there was a nap and off to my parents again.

Sunday ended up being a good day. I finally felt refreshed and looked forward to playing Axis & Allies with friends for numerous hours. A&A can take hours upon hours to play and it did. I ended up being at my buddy’s for close to 10 hours. It was mostly a good time. I was getting strange looks bringing up old videos of 1970’s bands on Youtube when it wasn’t my turn. I mainly played ELO and then some Wings and even Donna Summer ‘I Feel Love’.

It was a good time overall but this kid was there that I find real annoying. I tried to give this guy a chance every time but he’s just annoying as hell. I’m not sure what it is. Maybe it’s that he’s really stuck up in my opinion and he can be really rude. And everything no matter what seems to be all about him. At one point one of the videos I was playing ended and he switched to a new website. I didn’t catch this until I went back to the PC after my turn and went back to Youtube for more music videos. The guy got a rather whiny voice going on about something about saving that webpage. He was also whiny about not having played A&A for years but then got mad when we didn’t follow his plan to attack our enemies. Getting teamwork from him was more difficult than keeping oil prices down.

Later on there was one minor incident but it really pissed me off. Whiner was getting ready to leave and he needed to reach past me to get some stuff of his. So he asks me to move but apparently I wasn’t fast enough for him because as he reached forward he backhanded my arm with a little flip of his hand. Physically I wasn’t injured in the least and barely registered the touch to my arm. But the way he motioned and his quickness after his asking made it seem like I was a piece of garbage in his way. I found it really insulting. Then again, this is the same guy that took issue with my when we were playing Heroclix and I was calling the DC character Robin the ‘dickster’. He actually got hyped up about it telling me to stop calling him that and actually insisted on it. So just to piss him off I started calling Robin his ‘real’ name, Dick. I’m sure I said something like ‘I’m going to beat you with my dick.’

As usual for all of us, we bemoaned our dice rolling and shouted and cursed at one another. It’s our version of ‘fun’ believe it or not. And we always look forward to the next game of Axis & Allies.

I added my super-hero comic, JR’s Minutemen to Drunkduck. The Necropolis Chronicles on Drunkduck usually are double of the Minutemen but NC has been on the board about a month longer.

I was finally able to figure out how to make sitemeter.com work for my Drunkduck.com pages. For the first few days I was addicted to see how many and where people were reading from. I’ve forgotten which book had who for visitors but a lot of Europeans read my comics. People at least briefly viewed my comic from the following countries: The Netherlands, Germany, the U.K., Russia! Belgium, Puerto Rico and a couple of places I’m sure I’m forgetting. For awhile, viewers from Europe were greater than that of American readers. One American is literally the next town over. That one surprised me. But my free account with sitemeter doesn’t tell me who exactly is viewing my comics just city and control and some other details like time of day and such. Still, it’s all pretty darn cool!

Been a weird week for me. Monday was standard but I stayed and extra 4 hours on Tuesday morning. That’ll equal out what union dues were taken from this week’s paycheck. I got home and starting doing some drawing while in bed. With my drawing board on my gut as I reclined in bed to draw I kept fading out and dropping the board on my face! So I decided to go to sleep about an hour earlier than I usually do. I woke up 4 hours later and couldn’t get back to sleep! I finally got up and putz around and was able to fall back asleep for about 90 minutes before work. I needed it. I was so tired that I started crying with laughter over a fart video on Youtube. I mean I was bawling I was laughing so hard. During this a telemarketer called. I could barely speak as I was still laughing. She tried to do her speal but I couldn’t stop laughing. I somehow managed ‘not interested’ and hung up still laughing.

I learned a good lesson the other night. I put out my trash during the night to save myself some effort in the morning. I just leave the bags out there as I don’t have a big trash barrel like all the other neighbors. When I drove in I found the trash had been ripped open by some animal and some old pieces of a Tombstone pizza nibbled on. So I had to get another bag and transfer the trash over and reseal it. Joy.

My co-worker that I constantly bitch about has been on vacation this whole week. I haven’t gone to work made once during this vacation. I guess I’m just sick of her shit and enjoy work much better without her around. The lay-off’s will probably occur no later than the end of July so I may not have to deal with her much longer.

My reading kick is over. It ended with the end of the final Harry Potter book. I still have two Anita Blake novels to go with one being a Christmas Present but I haven’t had any desire to read before bed lately.

I had a crazy dream yesterday about going to see my friend Sara. I was touring/visiting her new house scared her lesbian girlfriend would attack me or at least be very angry with my presence there so I was really quiet. At one point I accidentally entered the master bedroom. I thought I was entering a hall built around a staircase. All of Sara’s girlfriends were sleeping in the bed fully covered except for the crowns of their heads by the blanket. I snuck pass as quietly as possible fearing discovery to my core.

In the mean time Sara was apparently readying the bathroom shower for my use as I had had a long road trip. Somehow I ended up in a full body latex/rubber suit and had to make a hasty exit to my car upon hearing the girlfriends stirring. I threw sort of a large, quilted shirt over my suit and fled in my car. I know I was driving around some very short roads before I found a more major road. I had to stop at a garage to have my car fixed overnight. That’s what I can recall from the dream. So of the details are now blurred and may be out of order, At least Sara was cool to me for all of the 10 seconds or les she appeared in the dream.

Heading to sleep in 30 minutes so I’m done here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home