Thursday, August 14, 2008

Old 'new' blog

I never finished writing this but oh well,...

Blog 080608

The weekend started off prettily shittily but got a lot better towards the end. The kids left for Ohio with my brother’s ex so that was a downer and some other stuff made it an unhappy start even though I had Friday off with pay. My buddy showed up Saturday morning and we headed off to Connecticon 08 in my car. Connecticon is an anime & manga con but we were going there for Dungeons & Dragons.

I was fairly miserable in the first game so I didn’t enjoy it much but the day got better. I played my wizard the whole con. He’s fun because he distributes fire and lightning upon his enemies inflict mass damage on them. It’s very stress relieving to clear the board of several opponents in one shot.

I walked around the con when I could checking things out. This was actually tough though. Because we had so few players for D&D our table of 5 players hung together and started playing when we felt like it as opposed to scheduled times. This meant that scheduled breaks were much shorter. So I sot of had to blaze around the con when I could.

Looking at all the cos-players was fun. Some of the people had really cool costumes although I recognized only a few of them. I’m sure my neck was sore from checking out all the female folk as they walked by. Many wore things that I like such as fetish boots and faux leather and spandex. And there were lots of cuties too! I was standing next to this one chick while I was stuck in people traffic and thinking she was really tall. She had on BIG heeled boots. Then she talked on the phone and her voice was deeper than mine. A dude in drag. Gotta watch them cos-players! There were a few guys in drag and when you saw them face on they were not pretty.

I got an unpleasant surprise after the first day. Parking cost $19! Geez! Two days of parking took up just under half of my budget! Dammit!

I even got a few looks! I caught people looking at my Superbowl ring shirt celebrating the last of the New England Patriots’s championships.

Sunday I arrived at the con and was pissed. I had to deuce. I had just gone before leaving for the con because I didn’t want to have to go there. I arrived at the con semi-early so it was relatively empty and I headed for a bathroom off the beaten path to forego a day of discomfort. I hop into one stall and hung my backpack on the door hook. I heard the bathroom door open in a fury and this guy comes charging in and hurried locks the door to the only other stall whipping down his short. I know he was wearing shorts because I could see his flip-flops. I grabbed my pack in disgust and headed out not wanting to sit next to some teen dropping a shit in the stall next to me.

I go back to the game room and voice my displeasure and my friend suggests using another bathroom. I sigh and do so. Some hotel guy is finishing cleaning or restocking it but vacates before I enter. I’m happy about this. The bathroom is three times the size of the other and has like 10 stalls instead of just two. I take care of business alone and in comfort without another worry. It was a much preferred experience as opposed to sitting next to some kid sounding like he’s going to blow up an any instant.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Your bathroom adventures are always entertaining.

NOT!

Ewww...

Well, I suppose women can't write about stuff like that, can we? What a horrible double-standard.

"And I took a shit such as I had never seen before; it clogged the toilet with a poopish ferocity, and I finally had to call in reinforcements."

6:59 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Much as I enjoy your poop stories, the IM thing was just a bit over the top for me. I plan to poop next time we chat. :-P

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home