Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Suckless birthday, better next day

Blog 121107


My actually birthday, December 8th, sucked. I got home from work and about 5 minutes before bedtime the cat knocked over a surround sound speaker. The two speakers are on their sides around my fireplace area. The cat somehow managed to disrupt one enough so that it slid off and crashed into the Christmas tree nearly knocking over the Christmas tree had my brother not wired it in place – just for such an occasion. But limbs were mashed and ornaments smashed into tiny pieces. And another heirloom piece was smashed. This one was from my parents as yet another Christmas smashed by the cat. I lost it. I chased the cat down, beat it and then tossed it into the kitchen. I was still fuming. I was still out of control at seeing yet another sentimental piece of parental love smashed on the floor. I chased the cat down again and carried it through the house by its leg before tossing it outside on to the crusty snow covered ground. The only reason I eventually let it back in was because I didn’t want to hear my family’s shit about letting the cat freeze to death. I ignored the fucking thing for the next two days. My only interaction was to feed the damn thing. My brother asked my niece if she could take the cat since I said I was serious about giving the animal away. My niece can’t at this time. That damn cat brings out the worst in me.

Somehow I got to sleep and eventually went to work later that night. Because some co-workers couldn’t stop arguing and verbally fighting the previous night I got switched to work with the guy blamed for everything. This was after getting booted from my favorite team to just an okay team of workers.

Later our machine burst an oil line and made a pretty big mess. The guy accused of making all the trouble the night before was sent to work in a different area. This was because only myself and another worker were needed to keep part of our area running.

At least Sunday was a lot better. I tried to get to sleep early so I could get up early and still be rested. That didn’t work but my job keeps me so busy I didn’t notice my tiredness. Or maybe I just had trouble waking up because I was yawning the whole time at my parents before work. One of my brothers bought pizza for supper as part of a birthday gift to me. My parents got my Call of Duty 4 for PC and it looks awesome so far and is quite cool. They also got me another heirloom Christmas ornament. They had purchased this one before they knew the cat had destroyed the one from last year.

Later Sunday night I was also back on my old, original team. I’ve dubbed myself the Crackerican. I’m the only white guy with three Portaricans. I don’t think I’m spelling that correctly. But things were quickly back to normal and we over-produced as always. In a way that’s not a good thing as management will up the rates and we already really bust our asses teamwise. The girl is probably the hardest worker I’ve ever seen. She never stops! Someone else was being a jerk and telling them I was happy to be on a different team. Fucking people starting shit.

Weird dreams lately. I had some about WW II. One was about flying and crashing! In a B-17 bomber. We were flying just above tree level and crashed into a barn! Yesterday I dreamt about a redone version of the Halloween movie. Michael Myers, the villain, was a big pudgy kid with frizzy hair. Someone threw a rock and hit him in the head and you could hear sort of a metal sound like a ‘pong’ or something. The maniac only turned and smiled. He was a teenaged maybe a junior in high school.

Roofing guys are here now and it’s bedtime. So I still have to drive to the parentals so I can sack out in peace there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home