Monday, November 17, 2008

Watching Judge Judy as I post

The weekend was okay. Unfortunately on the past 2 Saturdays I’ve been exhausted. I get home from work around 7:30am and I usually stay up until 10:30am. I get up around 4pm and try to do something during the day. The problem is that I’m so tired I usually do nothing and lay around like a slug. This past Saturday was a gameday at my friends. I was so tired I totally forgot about and never even called them. So that sucked. By 10:30pm I was dead. I was watching Superman 2 in my room and I nearly passed out. So I turned it off and didn’t even undress and passed out until the next morning.

I did wake early on Sunday and did a number of things like a good breakfast, a load of laundry and bills and work on the comic book. Then I headed out to my buddy’s for football and headed out to the parentals for Sunday night supper. In otherwords, a standard Sunday.

My parents know my frustration with my brother. My dad keep talking about it and I didn’t hold back. He called me a pessimist! My mom sided with me because I’m right. I’m making the most money in my life and should be having the best time of my life but instead I’m miserable because my home life sucks. I fully blamed my misery on my brother because he moved his family into my house and had no intention of seriously moving out until I told him to get out. And that’s when my dad called me a pessimist. I made sure to correct him. And I told him I won’t be happy until my brother moves out.

Today I was almost a total slug until I finally went out and did some chores I’ve been putting off. I signed up for an eye exam which will be my first in 5 or 6 years. My current glasses seem perfectly fine but my safety glasses are old style from the 90’s and I really need new ones for several reasons. I also purchased a gift card for my brother-in-law as payment for installing a large voltage wire for my new clothes dryer. I took waaaaaay to long in doing that.

I saw this woman today as I was grocery shopping and I’m stealing her clothes. Not literally but I liked her outfit and it’ll find it way on to one of my female characters. She was wearing a gray tweed business suit and brown, knee high stiletto boots with a highlighting strap with a buckle around the ankle. She was fairly tiny. She probably came up to my shoulder and she was wearing 3 inch heels. I’m 5’9.

I’m finally gtting ready to finally have issue 3 printed. I pretty much stopped working on it once I took the comic to the web. I know have a great front and back cover and 23 pages of story and a page of poems. I just need to work up the inside front and back covers and I can send it off to Ka-Blam for printing. It’ll be a busy week for me so over Thanksgiving holiday is probably a more realistic date to get it done.

I expect to be applying for a new job this week. My is actually pretty decent and I’m not really looking for a new one so it’s a bit of a perfect time to apply. The new job would be a couple of dollars more an hour but I’m not sure of the hours. It might be 12 hour days and 60 hours a week. So big cash but no life. But I’ll apply anyway and worry about what may be if I get an interview. The company is only prepping for now and hiring in January.

Star Wars Force Unleashed continues to be a frustrating game. I usually like unti lit has a tough spot. For me these are usually areas where you have to do a specific sequence of button pushing with perfect timing or you fail. One area was jumping around without falling back down and another area was defeating a jedi that literally took me 10 minutes to succeed. It should be noted that it actually took me a couple of hours but that the final sequence of attacking took 10 minutes.

I worry about my friends. One hasn’t responded in quite some time to my e-mails. Another I seem to constantly make question their life. Sometimes just by chatting I seem to make it worse and that sucks. It makes me want to stop chatting because I don’t want to make them feel bad.

Christmas time will be frustratingly interesting. Lots of things are being put in motion by my niece and my brother’s ex. Having dumped the kids off and leaving the state with virtually no notice the ex now wants the kids for Christmas. She initially wanted them for Thanksgiving too. This is the same deal as last year. And it’s going to be the same deal every year as this is her usual B.S. She couldn’t give a shit about other holidays but she always wants them on Christmas. Because of another situation it is uncertain what will happen with my niece. I won’t reveal it here but things are in motion and I have no idea what the consequences will be.

I’m heading into that area of the work year where I have a ton of holidays. The feeling is that the factory will shut down for about a week but that that will be spread over two weeks due to Christmas and New Year holidays. So money will be tight just after Christmas but I’ll love the time off. I also have two days off around Thanksgiving. And then there’s also the slight chance of more lay-off’s to boot but I’m not really expecting that. I wouldn’t be sorry if it did, though. J

Okay, I need sleep before work tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home